About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum 3 days Jungfrau region with Swiss Travel Pass
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

3 days Jungfrau region with Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jai sanghvi
Jai sanghvi
2 posts
Jul 11, 2022 - 10:27 PM

I have Swiss Travel Pass. I will be based in Interlaken and have 3 days on my hand to cover the below 3 areas:

1. Interlaken
  2. Grindelwald and Grindelwald-First
  3. Jungfrau and Jungfraujoch.

What tickets/passes do I buy, that helps me cover ALL 3 at the cheapest rates? Different websites were confusing suggesting I should buy a Jungfrau travel pass (but that did not include trip to Eiger Glacier, which was extra). Please help, since this is REALLY REALLY confusing.

Thanks in Advance.

-Jai

Anna
Anna
3881 posts
expert &
Jul 12, 2022 - 6:52 AM in reply to Jai sanghvi

Hi Jai,

The Swiss Travel Pass (STP) provides unlimited travel on public transport (train, bus, boat) and discounted travel on mountain transport (cable car, gondola, cogwheel train).

Based on your plans, for the trip to Grindelwald First:

• Interlaken to Grindelwald by train - free with the STP
  • Grindelwald train station to Grindelwald First cable car station by bus - free with the STP (optionally you can reach the cable car station on foot)
  • Cable car to Grindelwald First - half price with the STP

For the trip to Jungfraujoch:

If you have a Jungfrau Travel Pass, you won't need tickets at all to travel to Grindelwald First and you pay a fixed price of CHF75 for a return ticket to Jungfraujoch. Be sure to check the Jungfrau Travel Pass validity map here: www.myswissalps.com/jungfrautravelpass/validity

To determine if combining the Swiss Travel Pass and the Jungfrau Travel Pass for this trip is cost effective, you should calculate and compare the cost as explained in this quick guide: www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass

Let us know if you need more information.

Regards,

Anna

Last modified on Jul 12, 2022 - 6:53 AM by Anna
Georgia Girl
Georgia Girl
2 posts
Jul 12, 2022 - 6:47 PM in reply to Jai sanghvi

Here is some info for free local transportation (you will pay for it with that tourist tax paid with accommodations) that may be helpful for you. We are traveling to Interlaken in Sept and according to this website, most of our transportation (Interlaken, Wildersil, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen and more) should be free with a card that we receive from our host at our lodging accomodations. Check it out: www.interlaken.ch/en/info-service/gaestekarten/interlaken-guest-card

Maybe someone else has experience with this?

Anna
Anna
3881 posts
expert &
Jul 12, 2022 - 8:02 PM in reply to Georgia Girl

Hi Georgia Girl,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

All overnight guests in Interlaken will receive the Interlaken Guest Card: https://www.myswissalps.com/interlaken/travel. This card indeed provides free travel on the local transport within a permitted area. This does not include train services to Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, Grindelwald and Mürren. The card also provides various discounts on services and shops around Interlaken. You can find the full list of the benefits from the link your provided.

Regards,

Anna

Last modified on Jul 13, 2022 - 3:27 PM by Arno
Georgia Girl
Georgia Girl
2 posts
Jul 13, 2022 - 10:48 AM in reply to Anna

Thank you for the correction!!

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about usNewsletter signup

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022