Dec 1, 2016 - 5:42 AM
Me and my wife aged 31 and 29 respectively would arrive in Swiss on 24th Feb via Paris- Basel TGV Lyria around 11 am. This is the tentative plan we have
24th Feb - Take a train from Basel to Interlaken OST. We are put up at a hostel close to Interlaken OST. Explore Interlaken and take a boat ride in Lake Thun
25th Feb:- Leave from Interlaken and visit Titlis. On our way back from Titlis visit Lucerne
26th Feb:- Need suggestion. We need to go to some places which is scenic, calm and quite.
27th Feb:- Visit Zermatt and then explore Materhorn and back to Interlaken OST in the evening
28th Feb:- Need suggestion. We need to go to some places which is scenic, calm and quite.
1st March:- Leave Interlaken and take a train to Zurich Airport. Our 5 days promotional swiss pass expires on 28th Feb. Arrive at Zurich after interchanging trains from Bern. Leave the luggage at the station. Explore Zurich on foot. Take the luggage and transfer to airport.
1. If we visit Titlis and Materhorn and skip Jhunghfro, do we miss anything?
2. Can the luggage (1 large and 1 medium sized suitcase) be safely kept in the cloak room at the station. What would be the tentative cost of the same. We are on budget and hence planning the cost in advance
3. We wish to explore old towns, some villages which offer scenic scenery and relaxed atmosphere.
4. We intend to visit Geneva on one of the days. Is the trip worth a day visit.
5. Also since we would be in Swiss in the end of feb, would it be snow covered every where and would it pose an issue in communting
Would appreciate reverts from the moderators and other friends who can help us plan the trip better.