5 days in Switzerland August 29 – 3rd Sep

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2015 at 19:12:24 #807544

Hi Everyone,

I am a single traveller travelling to Switzerland – arrival early morning 29th Aug and departure early morning 3rd Sep both from Zurich.

.want to cover Rhine falls, mt titlis, jungfraujoch and some sightseeing in Zurich and Lucerne along with glaciar express from Lucerne to Interlaken. I am a budget traveller.

Need suggestions on itinerary and pass – I have 5 days and not 4 days.

rgds,

Kuthialm

My questions –

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    12 July 2015 at 11:42:32 #844417

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Kuthialm!

Did you already decide where to stay? If the trip up to the Jungfraujoch is the only thing you want to do in the Interlaken region, you could base yourself in Lucerne and make a day trip to the Jungfraujoch – although that will be a long day. You could also choose to spend one or two nights in/near Interlaken, but mind that switching hotels means that you’ll be spending extra time on packing and unpacking. A hotel near Zurich Airport would be convenient for your last night, since you’ll have an early flight to catch.

The timetable allows you to find connections for all trips. Just enter the destinations and your (approximate) travel dates and times to find all details. The top of the Titlis is called “Kleintitlis” in the timetable. Furthermore, you can check our pages on the Rhine Falls, Titlis, Jungfraujoch, Zurich, Interlaken and Lucerne. Our planning section may be of help too. Note that there’s no Glacier Express between Lucerne and Interlaken. I think you’re referring to the Golden Pass instead.

As for rail pass: a Swiss Half Fare Card may suit your needs best. All details about validity and purchase options can be found at the Swiss Half Fare Card page.

• The thread ‘5 days in Switzerland August 29 – 3rd Sep’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.