8 day September itinerary - feedback required
I am visiting Switzerland for 8 days in June this year and currently have the following planned
- Flight to Geneva arrive 21.20 stay overnight at YHA Geneva
- Early morning start to take in sights of Geneva - idea to catch yellow mouette taxis over to Geneva Plage visit the Jet D'Eau and walk back to the YHA to collect baggage on the following route - jet D'Eau, flower closk, St. Peters Cathedral (go up the towers) , reformation wall and then catch bus to Nations taking in the UN building and the unique broken chair sculpture. then back to YHA collect baggage and go to train station. (estimating approx. 2 hrs walk) starting no later that 9.30.
Two options train to Gruyeres - option one would include the MOB Belle Epoque - a classic train gets us to Gruyeres at 14.59 or option 2 MOB train Golden Panoramic Train gets in at 15.59 which is the better of the two trains.
Also reason for going to Gruyeres is the Mid Summer Festival is taking place over the weekend, would this be too late to see activities taking place.
Overnight accommodation in Gruyeres
- Explore Gruyeres - Leave luggage at hotel or tourist office and do hike in the area. Gruyere to Charmey stopping at Broc to do chocolate factory . Really want to do the Gorges of Jogne and the Dam at Lake Montsalvens end at Charmey and catch bus back to Gruyere. Collect luggage and aim for the 17.59 train which gets in to Montreux at 19.13 open to ideas here not sure whether another night in Gruyeres would be better or to go onto Montreux - any ideas.
- depending on whether stayed at Gruyeres or gone onto Montreux the night before. Explore Montreaux. Two options whether permitting Rochers de Naye is this entire trip now free with the Swiss Travel Pass and if free to top hike back down or otherwise hike from Caux to top and back down.
Alternatively do the promenade walk from Montreux to Chillion Castle and get boat across to Lausanne or Vevey Marche - would like to take in a walk through the vineyards any suggestions and would also like to see Charlie Chaplin statue and the Fork in the lake - but open to ideas
Stay overnight Montreux YHA
Take the Golden Pass Line to Luzern - how long does this take and do I need to make reservations - have Swiss Travel Pass
Have provisionally booked two days here but are unsure what to see and do in the area - open to suggestions thinking lake cruise combined with a walk - Mt Rigi,
- Stay around Luzern -open to ideas
- would like to visit Rhine Falls and possibly take a cruise from Schauffsen to Stein am Rhein from their was thinking of Zurich for overnight stay but open to other ideas
- I need to arrive in Salzburg tonight as booked a week there
Many thanks in advance for reading my itinary and hoping that someone can add to it