What rail pass is best to Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2018 at 20:54:59 #816895

Hi, i would like to check if its better to get the Swiss Travel Card or the Swiss Half Fare Card for a day trip to Jungfrau from interlaken?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2018 at 23:12:31 #889476

Possibly neither if you are only making that one trip, as you have to buy the card first

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 June 2018 at 5:21:37 #889477

Hello Yana and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Choosing the most suitable pass depends on your whole itinerary not just one mountain excursion. Jungfrajoch is 50% from Interlaken with Swiss Half Fare Card and 25% discount from Wengen or Grindelwald (free from Interlaken to both those locations) with the Swiss Travel Pass.

You should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass), download the handy spreadsheet calculator and do the math.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2018 at 6:52:38 #889478

Hi rockoyster, thank you for highlighting. The excel spreadsheet is really useful. I will purchase the Swiss Half Fare Card for this trip. Is it possible to apply online now? My trip to zurich will be in august. I will be travelling with a friend. Does she need the Swiss Half Fare Card too? or can she use mine to purchase the discounted tickets?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 June 2018 at 7:02:05 #889479

Hello Yana,

You and your friend will both need your own Swiss Half Fare Card in order to buy discounted tickets. If you show the inspector on the train a half-fare ticket he will want to see your Swiss Half-Fare Card at the same time.

You can buy them on-line and print at home before you travel. That’s the most convenient and you also get to have a backup in case of loss or damage.

See http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard/price.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2018 at 9:18:35 #889480

Hi rockoyster, thank you for the advice. How much is the cost of the Swiss Half Fare card and the Swiss Travel Pass?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 June 2018 at 9:34:28 #889481

You have the link for the SHFC. The STP you can buy from one of the retailers at http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price.

• The thread ‘What rail pass is best to Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.