Best travel pass for Lucerne & Lauterbrunnen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2014 at 22:33:14 #806527

Hello all,

Need your inputs for guiding me towards the best suited travel pass for my upcoming Switzerland trip. I am travelling to Zurich with my parents (both over 60 yrs) and toddler son in August. We will arrive at Zurich Airport at noon on Day 1 and proceed to Lucerne where we will stay the night. We would like to do the Mt Pilatus, Mt Titlis and the Lake Lucerne cruise. Towards the second half of Day 2 we’ll proceed to Interlaken and onwards to Lauterbrunnen where we will stay for 4 nights doing the trips to Jungfraujoch and Schiltorn and some popular hiking routes. On the morning of our 5th day we will leave for Zurich for our flight to Paris. At the moment a heavily discounted 2 day Tell pass is on offer for 57GBP per head.

I need help deciding –

1. Whether to take this Tell Pass for our Lucerne itinerary as it will also cover the trip from Zurich, Baar onwards (I will have to only pay from Zurich to Baar).

2. Whether to buy a Swiss Flexi Saver pass or a Half Fare card for the sightseeing in Lauterbrunnen.

Thanks for your patience in reading the long post. Any inputs will be gratefully received.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15478 posts
    20 July 2014 at 17:51:43 #840702

Hello mum2bonbon,

Welcome to our website! The Tell Pass is not on sale just yet, but I expect it to be soon. If you are subscribed to new forum messages, you will be updated automatically. Also we will update the Price and Promotions sections of the Tell Pass page once there are promotions or price changes.

As for your questions:

1. Yes, it makes sense to get the Tell Pass.

2. I would say that either a Swiss Half Fare Card or a Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland works best. How to choose is explained here.

Arno
    15478 posts
    21 July 2014 at 19:58:03 #840703

Hello again,

The Tell Pass is now available with a 50% discount for residents from the UK and Ireland (the promo is listed here). You can get it from the UK webshop of the Swiss Railways.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 July 2014 at 20:30:17 #840704

Hello Arno,

Thank you for your responses. I have decided to go with the Half Fare Card and Tell Pass.

Myswissalps has been very helpful with all the travel info and tips. Keep up the good work.

Cheers!

• The thread ‘Best travel pass for Lucerne & Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.