Best use of Swiss Travel Pass in Jungfrau region

• Khsamuel
    Participant
    14 posts
    12 July 2022 at 10:41:29 #827752

How to best use the pass in all free public transport in the region in 4 days with base stay in Interlaken West?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    12 July 2022 at 19:51:04 #944225

Hi Khsamuel,

With the Swiss Travel Pass, you can enjoy free boat trips on Lake Thun and Lake Brienz. You can also use the pass for unlimited train rides to explore mountain villages such Wengen, Grindelwald and Mürren. Or travel to Lauterbrunnen and view the Staubbach Falls or visit the Trummelbach Falls. And you might want to plan a few mountain excursions, for instance to Grindelwald First or Männlichen. For mountain excursions, you pay half-price of the standard fare to travel on the cable cars, gondolas or mountain railways, if you have a Swiss Travel Pass.

You can find more sightseeing options in Interlaken here: http://www.myswissalps.com/interlaken/activities

Also you can use the Swiss Travel Pass to do day trips from Interlaken to other regions or towns such as Bern or Lucerne.

Hope this gives you more ideas for your trip.

Regards,

Anna

Khsamuel
    Participant
    14 posts
    13 July 2022 at 6:04:27 #944226

Thank you Anna for the valuable information.

If you were to rank the mountain trips, what is the best and the 2nd best?

Samuel

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2022 at 8:32:30 #944227

Hi Samuel,

this is such a difficult question! 🙂 For me, all the mountain trips are different. In the Jungfrau region, my favourite ones are Schilthorn and Grindelwald First, as I love the Thrill Walk and the Cliff Walk. 🙂 But this is quite subjective.

Ildiko

Khsamuel
    Participant
    14 posts
    13 July 2022 at 9:26:51 #944228

Can I combine either First or Schilthorn with Jungfraujoch in one day?

And if I go for all 3 ie First, Schilthorn and Top of Europe, is it cheaper to buy the Jungfrau Travel Pass?

Thanks Ildiko.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2022 at 15:56:57 #944229

Hi Khsamuel,

If you have a valid Swiss Travel Pass, a 25% discount applies to the Jungfrau Travel Pass price. The original price for 3 days is 190 CHF.

Discounts on the mountain trips with Swiss Travel Pass:

Discounts on the mountain trips with Jungfrau Travel Pass:

You can do Schilthorn and First in one day or Jungfraujoch and First, but both of them require a full, long day.

Ildiko

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 July 2022 at 15:43:25 #944230

Hi Khsamuel,

Yes, you’ll be able to combine trips if you plan wisely.

If you combine Jungfraujoch and First, I recommend to travel up to Jungfraujoch via Wengen. Then return from Jungfraujoch to Grindelwald (either by Eiger Express or by cogwheel train via Kleine Scheidegg) and get to First.

If you combine Schilthorn and First, you’ll have to travel between the Grindelwald valley and the Lauterbrunnen valley. There are several ways to do so: the cogwheel trains via Kleine Scheidegg, normal trains in the valley via Zweilütschinen, or gondolas and a cable car to the mountain top Männlichen.

Please find details on all available routes here:

• The thread ‘Best use of Swiss Travel Pass in Jungfrau region’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.