Zurich, Wengen, Lucerne with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 September 2019 at 1:55:41 #823911

Hi!

We planned our trip earlier this year and now it is coming around quickly I wanted to get our rail tickets sorted and ask a few more questions.

This is our itinerary, I would LOVE some help/clarification to ensure I understand the rail system and that the Swiss Pass will be the best value for our family (2 x adults, 1 child 5 years old)

31/12/19 – Arrive Zurich from Oslo, stay Zurich 2 nights

2/1/20 – Catch train Zurich to Lucerne then take Golden Pass Line to Interlaken. Train to Wengen.

2/1/20 – 5/1/20 – Base in Wengen for 3 nights, day trips and soak up the Alps

5/1/20 – Train from Wengen to Interlaken then continue on Gold Pass Line to Montreux via Zweisimmen & Geneva on to Paris.

Have never had to use rail like this before so feeling a little out of my depth and want to make things as easy as possible (and to know we are on the right track to get where we need to go!!!)

When is the best time for us to purchase our Swiss Pass? And where will we need to get a seperate ticket to take us all the way through to Paris as I know we can’t use the Swiss Pass in France.

Your help is much appreciated!! 🙂

Many thanks,

Bec

• The thread ‘Zurich, Wengen, Lucerne with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.