Best way to get around in the Lauterbrunnen area?

• Abcd
    Participant
    1 post
    21 June 2022 at 23:38:21 #827565

HI!! I will be in Lauterbrunnen in August what is the best way to get around within the area and where can I buy tickets online prior to my arrival? Thank you!!!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2022 at 8:24:13 #943475

Hi Abcd and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

The best way to get around is the amazing train system – no need to rent a car. If you are not familiar with the train system, start here: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/practical/howtotravel.

Depending on how many days you spend in the Jungfrau region (and also on your Swiss itinerary), you can choose between the rail passes. There are regional ones (like the Jungfrau Travel Pass or the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland) and there are also rail passes that are valid within the whole of Switzerland (like the Swiss Travel Pass or the Swiss Half Fare Card).

If you tell me more about your itinerary I can help you better.

Ildiko

Activity tips in the Jungfrau region: http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfrauregion/activities

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2022 at 11:40:26 #943476

Lauterbrunnen is a small village in a narrow valley, so it is best not to think of your destination as ‘The Lauterbrunnen area’, but rather as the Jungfrau region, covering the ‘trio’ of resorts Wengen, Grindelwald and Murren, with Lauterbrunnen in the valley between Murren and Wengen.

For travel around the area you can choose between the Junggfrau pass for a small area, or the Berner Oberland Pass covering the whole Bernese Oberland region, all of which is easily accessible from Lauterbrunnen.

• The thread ‘Best way to get around in the Lauterbrunnen area?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.