Favorite restaurants/hikes near Grindelwald

Favorite restaurants/hikes near Grindelwald

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
12 posts
Jul 25, 2017 - 11:09 PM

My family of 5 -- 2 active adults, 3 active and hungry teens -- will be spending 9 days in Grindelwald. I am overwhelmed by the sheer number of wonderful sounding hikes. If anyone would like to suggest a favorite or two, I would love to narrow down my number of must-do hikes. Also, any favorite restaurants in the Grindelwald, Murren, Wegen, Lauterbrunnen, Interloken areas? I realize Switzerland is expensive, but I'd love to hear about moderately-priced restaurants, or even tasty places for a quick bite or take-away. Thank you very much for your time! Kim

321 posts
top member
Jul 26, 2017 - 3:53 PM

Welcom on MySwissAlp,

See on this site: www.myswissalps.com/hi king

Nice to do:

First to Bachalpsee

Fist to Bachalpsee to Faulhorn

Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg

Kleine Scheidegg to Wengernalp

Kleine Scheidegg to Alpiglen

Grutsalp to Murren

Spiez to Faulensee (very easy, with boat trip Thunersee)

Interlaken Ost to Iseltwald (very easy, with boat trip Brienzersee)

Schynige Platte to Breitlauenen (not to Wilderswil !)

Brienzer Rothorn to Planalp (not to Brienz)

Gemmipass (near Kandersteg)

Sudrampe (Wallis, Hohtenn to Ausserberg)

163 posts
Jul 27, 2017 - 1:39 AM

hi Kim,

A slightly adventurous walk is Grindelwald to Bäregg, which is a Berghaus/Restaurent that sits above the Grindelwald Lower Glacier and has fantastic views towards the Klein Fiescherhorn. Take the cable car to Pfingstegg and follow the signs. It takes about 1.5 hours to get there.

http://baeregg.com/con tent/107/20/english

The path used to go to another Berghaus called Stieregg, but as the glacier receded, the surrounding rock and scree collapsed because they were not supported and the old Berghaus had to be demolished because it was in danger of falling onto the glacier.

4175 posts
Jul 28, 2017 - 2:17 AM in reply to KimRosenthal

Hi Kim-

Another Kim has done some work to help you out:

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/tips-about-wengen-and-the-jungfrau-region-by-kim/page/2

PS - It is "Interlaken" and "Wengen."

And, Mürren is spelled with an umlaut over the "u" - that is ü - which means a different pronunciation. However, in that region, they have heard it all, so don't worry too much about it....;-)

Last modified on Jul 28, 2017 - 2:20 AM by Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018