May 10, 2016 - 5:22 AM
hi all.... first of all thanks to many of your for your replies in a an old thread where I ask a lot of questions. The trip is bit shortened now.. but nevertheless, we are coming and we are very excited about it. The last part of the trip is more or less fixed, as we have the air flight from Geneva and have a place to stay in Geneva. But we need some suggestion about the first part. The detail is below:
- July 12, Tuesday: Entering Switzerland. Venice to Spietz, (ticket to be bought from Trenitalia), Spietz to Interlaken, Interlaken to Wengen. Overnight in Wengen.
- July 13, Wed: depending on the weather, we will visit the top of Europe.... will get back in the afternoon and plan to go back to Interlaken and over to Montreux for overnight.
- July 14, Thu: whole day Montreux... but overnight in Geneva.
- July 15, Friday: Geneva
- July 16, Saturday: leave Geneva.
I have questions mainly about first two day.
1. If this is the total plan: do we need to do any advanced train ticket?
we need: Spietz to Wengen, Wengen to Montreux, and montreux to Geneva.
2. We are looking for Wengen hotel. Is location as issue? how do we reach the hotel from station?
3. Which area is good to stay in Montreux so that we can easily do the sightseeing. we will hardly spend any time in the hotel. so, location is important. We are hoping we can keep the luggage in the hotel and do the sightseeing.... before we leave for Geneva.
sorry fro the long post.. but this will help you to provide some feedback. We are specially worried about reaching Montreux by Wednesday. But that makes 0ur Thursday Montreux sightseeing easier.
thank you very much in advance...