GoldenPass: Swiss Half Fare Card & Saver Day Pass

• HelloSwiss
    Participant
    12 posts
    17 July 2022 at 9:48:04 #827792

Hello Friends in Swiss,

I would like to travel the Golden Pass Scenic Train in Mid September’2022 from Luzern Bahnhof (Station) to Interlaken OST Station.

I am holding a Half Hare Card for the month of September 2022 and planned to purchase Saver Day Pass.

How should I proceed to have my tickets?

Thanks,

Jerry

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 July 2022 at 10:27:01 #944402

Hi Jerry,

With a Swiss Half Fare Card and a discounted Saver Day Pass you’re all set. There’s no need for additional tickets Lucerne-Interlaken Ost or for seat reservations: http://www.myswissalps.com/goldenpass/tickets.

You can get your Swiss Half Fare Card and discounted Saver Day Pass here:

It’s best to get your Saver Day Pass as early as possible. Prices vary, and are usually lower if the Saver Day Pass is bought well in advance.

Does this answer your question?

HelloSwiss
    Participant
    12 posts
    17 July 2022 at 12:22:00 #944403

Dear Arno,

Yes you did. So on the day itself when my Saver Day pass is valid, at anytime (on the day) I can just board the GoldenPass Scenic train without any seat assigned? Or I need to approach the ticket counter at the station to get an assigned seats?

thanks,

Jerry

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 July 2022 at 13:58:10 #944404

Hi Jerry,

That’s correct. The Saver Day Pass is valid all day long, and you can simply board and take any empty seat. That’s how it works for nearly all Swiss trains. Reservations are only required for some special panoramic and international trains:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2022 at 23:35:44 #944405

Luzern – Interlaken is not the true ‘Golden Pass’ line, but rather it is the Brunig pass railway, a separate railway operated by the Zentralbahn company. The original ‘Golden Pass is just Zweisimmen to Montreux. The hourly express service is dubbed ‘Luzern – Interlaken Express’ and is a ‘walk-on’ servive free to board if you have a valid ticket or pass.

• The thread ‘GoldenPass: Swiss Half Fare Card & Saver Day Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.