I'm travelling to swiss in pax of 4 (2 adult, 1 young adult & 1 kid) mid of december for 5days. Planning for below trips. Plan to buy swiss travel passes.
18/oct - paris - bern - interlaken
1. Is it troublesome to make a stop at bern to visit the city as we are carrying huge luggage bags? is there luggage storage at the train station?
2. How long normally bern city visit will take?
19/oct - jugfraujoch
1. if let say on 19/oct the weather not well we will hv to add one more day to our itenary in jugfrau, is it difficult to extend our stay as I m worried the hotel always fully booked?
20/oct - zermatt - matterhorn
1. is it pssoible to travel from interlaken to zermatt in the morning & still catch to attraction in zermatt on same day
2. If we decided to stay longer in interlaken our hotel booking will be disrupted... to walk in to hotels is it advisable in term of cost?
21/oct - zermatt to st moritz using glacier express
1. If we change plans, the reservation fee is it returnable? or can we switch to a new date?
2. The train trip is 8hours... is it really interesting wothwhile to spend 8hrs?
22/oct - st moritz - luzern
1. Is it possible to travel from st moritz to luzern in the morning & still catch up with attraction in luzern?
23/oct - luzern - basel - london
Main concern are 1. luggage, 2. walkin hotels, 3. time for visiting vs long train ride
Hope you could help me with above to make up a good plans.