Hotel in central Interlaken for trip in December

• Twestend1
    Participant
    1 post
    17 April 2022 at 21:40:48 #826906

Hello everyone, and thank you for your help. I have read the posts on Interlaken hotels, but I still can not settle on a hotel for my first time in Interlaken on December 23-25 2022 . I would actually like to stay in the city center to feel safer and for all the action. therefore, can anyone recommend a hotel in the city center of Interlaken that is near shops and restaurants and near the Ost train station? I am torn between Hotel Interlaken and the hotel Du Nord. Which one would you recommend I stay at?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6279 posts
    18 April 2022 at 7:52:39 #940730

Hi Twestend1,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

Interlaken is a fairly small town and you’ll find most hotels are located within walking distance of the two railway stations – Interlaken West and Interlaken Ost.

Both Hotel Interlaken and Hotel Du Nord are conveniently located along the pedestrian street (Hohenweg) and just minutes from the Interlaken Ost station. They’re both rated 4-stars but in terms of aesthetic, I think Hotel Du Nord is slightly more modern.

If you’re looking for more options, these links might help:

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Hotel in central Interlaken for trip in December’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.