Recommended hotels Lucerne, Interlaken & Montreux

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2016 at 22:06:31 #809118

Hello-

We (my wife and I ) are heading to Swiss next week and we’d like to get inputs on hotel selection.

The following list is where we have booked and if you can let us know of pros/cons or better places, it will be great:

Lucerne: Altstadt Hotel Magic Luzern (3 days)

Interlaken: Hotel Alpenruh or Hotel Blume (3 days)

Montreux: Hotel Parc & Lac (2 days)

Zurich: Swissotel Zurich (1 day)

We are particularly interested in where to stay in Interlaken area.

Due to weather (rainy?), we are thinking if it might be beneficial to base in Interlaken, not Murren or nearby.

By the way, our budget is under $200/night and complementary breakfast is a big plus.

Thank you in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    7 May 2016 at 16:19:57 #851662

Hi Concerto27,

I don’t know those hotels, so cannot provide direct answrs to your questions.

However, My Swiss Alps does have recommended hotels in three places:

1.- Under each city listing on the “Where to go” tab, and,

2.- Under the “where to Sleep” tab

http://www.myswissalps.com/ac commodation, and,

3.- http://www.myswissalps.com/pl antrip/doityourself/sa vemoney

Slowpoke

Arno
    15483 posts
    8 May 2016 at 10:28:00 #851663

Hi concerto27,

I haven’t heard of Hotel Alpenruh before. Are you sure it’s in Interlaken?

The hotel in Zurich is not the most scenic location, but if it’s just a one night stay in order to have an easy transfer to the airport it’s fine.

Interlaken indeed makes sense if good transport options are your priority. The hotel you picked is just a few minutes from the Interlaken West train station.

The hotel in Montreux is in a good location, close to the train station and lake, but it does not have the best reviews. You may want to consider the Eurotel Riviera and Eden Palace au Lac. I don’t know you’re exact travel dates so I don’t know if they’re still available, but they seem to be within budget. Both are in good locations. The first is closer to the train station.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    8 May 2016 at 13:39:17 #851664

Hi Arno-

Isn’t there an Alpenruh in Wengen?

Slowpoke

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    8 May 2016 at 13:57:20 #851665

Hi Concerto27 –

River views in Luzern add a lot to a hotel stay.

You might look into Hotel des Alpes.

It is on the My Swiss Alps list of ideas for Luzern.

Nice rooms, good views, kitchen is nothing special. Plenty of other places to eat, though.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2016 at 15:47:55 #851666

Arno/Slowpoke-

Thank you so much for the response.

Looks like it’s bit late to book the recommended hotels at this time (either sold out or too expensive at this point).

I suppose I am okay with my choices in Lucerne, Montreaux and Zurich for now.

For Interlaken area, after doing more research, I wonder if Wengen or Lauterbrunnrn might be better.

The forecast is pretty much rain at this time (May 14 ~ May 23); so, it may be muddy based on some inputs I got.

For Wengen, I have Hotel Falken and for Lauterbrunnen, Hotel Silberhorn.

Alpenruh Klum in Wengen seems to be available too (the other Alpenruh I mentioned in the original post is the one in Murren).

Once again, thank you all for your time.

-Ryan

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    8 May 2016 at 16:06:08 #851667

Hi Ryan- the forecasts are not reliable more than a day or two in advance in the mountains. Highly changeable during even one day. Microclimates abound in Switzerland.

It’s true that the higher trails will not be open then.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Recommended hotels Lucerne, Interlaken & Montreux’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.