How to find the bus NFB 12232 to Château-d”Oex

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2018 at 8:44:34 #816008

Goodmorning,

I travel for first time in Swiss, so i would like some help with the trains and buses.

I arrive at Geneva and i need to go to Gstaad. Based on sbb.ch train schedule, i need to change 2 trains to go to Montbovon. Then it says that i have to catch the NFB 12232 bus with direction to Château-d’Oex.

Could somebody tell me from which place do i take this bus and what is the distance from the railway station to this?

Thank you in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2018 at 9:36:00 #885389

Hi Zwinti, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

That bus is a train-replacement service because they are doing some construction work on the railway line between Montbovon and Château-d’Oex (a stretch of about 10km, 15 minutes).

The bus will be just outside the station, and there will be staff to direct you. Everybody else on the train will also be heading for the bus.

Some of our forum members have recently experienced this bus replacement service, and here are the comments they made about it:

• even though theres is a small interference of the train they have everything planned and you dont have to stressed about it. Between Chateau D’oex and Montbovon station they will be buses intead of train.

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-for-2-nights-in-montreux

• The transition from train to bus to train was fairly seamless with lots of staff to help with the transfer. It’s about a 3-5 minute walk in Montbovon and less in Chateau d’Oex. There’s a slight uphill section in Montbovon, and the staff were great about helping a few people who had issues dragging their luggage.

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/golden-pass-line-during-construction

• train->bus->train changes due to construction are completely painless

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/golden-pass-from-interlaken-to-geneva

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2018 at 12:57:08 #885390

Thank you very much for your answer, it was really helpful!!

I have one more question. I tried to book my train ticket online on sbb.ch by my mastercard and a visa also. My requests were rejected with both of the cards. They told that this is not possible for security reasons and maybe i can try with another card (that unfortunatelly i don’t have!). Can i buy my ticket 1 hour before from the train station? Could you tell me if it is easy for me to find this place? Do you think that at the last time there will be availiabillity ?

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2018 at 21:43:10 #885391

Hi Zwinti,

Yes, the sbb.ch site is geared for Swiss residents and often doesn’t accept foreign credit cards.

Are you just looking at a point to point ticket for that one trip? You can buy that from any of the online retailers here, including with SBB on their tourist website which accepts foreign credit cards.

You may want to consider a rail pass as well if you are planning more trips by train, bus, cable car etc.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2018 at 3:57:03 #885392

>> Can i buy my ticket 1 hour before from the train station? … Do you think that at the last time there will be availiabillity ?

Yes, you can buy a ticket from the ticket window or a ticket machine (with instructions in multiple languages, including English). Tickets don’t sell out, and reservations on this route have been suspended until after the construction works are finished.

>> Could you tell me if it is easy for me to find this place?

What place do you mean? The station? The platform? Where to buy tickets?

You can find the station on Google Maps.

The Swiss Timetable will give you the platform number from which your train departs, and there will also be a large departure board in the station, with details of all upcoming departures.

Ticket windows and machines will also be easy to find.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘How to find the bus NFB 12232 to Château-d”Oex’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.