Is Pilatus free with Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2017 at 15:46:32 #812050

Hello…my name’s lilik..and I need information whether pilatus trip is free with swiss travel pass? Are children under 16 years old completely free of charge in all transport mode with swiss travel pass even for discounted transport mode? I’ll be travel with my daughters and both are under 16 years old

Thank u

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2017 at 17:50:40 #864261

Hi lilik,

Yes, Mt. Pilatus is free with the Swiss Travel pass – click here to see all that is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.

If you have a Swiss Travel Pass you can order for free the Swiss Family Card at the same time. This will cover your kids on all routes completely (even if you have to pay a partial amount).

You can buy the Swiss Travel Pass online and have it emailed to you for printing here.

Lucas

Beatrix
    Participant
    22 posts
    31 May 2017 at 3:16:28 #864262

Visited Pilatus last week and just wanted to reconfirm, Pilatus is definitely free with the Swiss Travel Pass – just show the people at the entrance booth your pass and they will issue you the entrance tickets that you will need to get into each ride – cog wheel train, and both cable cars.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2017 at 4:36:33 #864263

Thank you so much Lukas & Beatrix for the information..very appreciate it😊. If my base town is in interlaken which peak do you suggest the most to visit? Since all peaks are beautiful and we confuse to decide it.

We’ll be in switzerland from july 1- july 6 and Luzern will be our 1st visit.

Can you give me swiss peak price list?

Thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2017 at 9:20:49 #864264

Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Rigi are very popular (and both free with the Swiss Travel Pass) so you can’t go wrong there. Both are easily reached from Luzern as well.

Mt. Titlis and Stanserhorn are also nearby and good options but there is a cost for them still (they are 50% off with the Swiss Travel Pass).

You can find links to each mountains own website on my links above to get you ticket prices. Titlis would be 46chf round-trip (with your discount) and Stanserhorn is 37chf round-trip (with your discount).

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2017 at 5:20:38 #864265

yes it is free with stp

rather it is the best mountain top in swiss

one should never miss it

go in later part of day

do check weather before going up

• The thread ‘Is Pilatus free with Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.