Train trip between Luzern and Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 September 2017 at 16:35:42 #813375

Dear Mr Lucas &Team,

1.As i ve understood that the Tell pass would be valid for travel from Lucern to InterlakenOst only since it is Lucern region pass. Right?

2.Kindly let me know if this journey is really worth for sight seeing. Is there any station between Lucern and Interlaken where some better scenic beauty wiil be seen so that we could alight and spend some time instead travelling upto Interlaken and back.

3. Hope the train would be a Panaromic one.

Kindly advise

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 September 2017 at 16:49:25 #870300

Hi mvnkutty,

1. Yes, the Tell Pass covers Luzern to Interlaken as Annika noted on your last post (be sure to download the map she links so you can see all towns that are covered)
    2. Yes, I think this route is quite scenic. You may want to stop at Lake Brienz on your way as well.
    3. The trains on this route do have larger panoramic windows yes.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 September 2017 at 7:48:34 #870301

>> Kindly let me know if this journey is really worth for sight seeing.

Yes, it’s lovely. If you are interested, you can see some photos taken on this sector in September last year, under the heading Luzern to Interlaken Ost on the following page:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-late-august-to-mid-october-2016

>> Is there any station between Lucern and Interlaken where some better scenic beauty wiil be seen so that we could alight and spend some time instead travelling upto Interlaken and back.

As Lucas mentioned, you could get off at Brienz. From there you can take the mountain train up to the Brienzer Rothorn, which is covered by your Tell-Pass. (It runs until 22 October and then closes for the winter.)

For more information see:

http://www.myswissalps.com/br ienzerrothorn

For some photos I took on a trip up to the Brienzer Rothorn in September last year, see the section Wengen to Meiringen and Brienzer Rothorn on the following page:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-late-august-to-mid-october-2016

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 October 2017 at 18:46:55 #870302

Dear Mr. Lucas & team,

As count down of our trip has commenced, we’d like to schedule our trip in two and a half days, i.e. from 16th Oct afternoon to 18th Oct evening to visit the following places. We’re expected to arrive Lucerne at 13:00. Please advice what would be the best order in which we can schedule our trip to the following the places.

a) Lucerne to Vitznau by boat, Vitznau to Rigi Kulm and back by train/bus.

b) Lucerne to Pilatus

c) Lucerne to Titlis

d) Panoramic train trip from Lucerne to Brienzer Rothorn and back.

Due to the time constraint, it is important for us to plan the trip accordingly. Your valuable advice would help us for a smooth uninterrupted trip.

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 October 2017 at 7:02:33 #870303

HI mvnkutty,

I would choose the mountain to visit each day based on the weather. If all mountains look clear then it is really up to you. Mt. Rigi and Mt. Pilatus are similar distances from Luzern and you could try to do both in 1 full day if you like or you could do one of those mountains today after arrival in Luzern.

Mt. Titlis is a little further away and of course Brienzer Rothorn is further still. I’m not sure I would try to do all 4 trips in 2.5 days though.

Point d) would best be done on its own and given a full day. I would perhaps add a lake cruise on Lake Brienz as well.

You can use the timetable to see how long to will take from one town or mountain to another and choose based on what feels best to you.

• The thread ‘Train trip between Luzern and Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.