October visit to Mt. Titlis and Mt. Pilatus

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2017 at 15:14:25 #813310

Hi,

I along with my two other family members planning to visit Lucerne and to Mount Titlis and Pilatus between Oct 16 and 19. I am planning to take a Lucerne region Tell pass travel . Please advise the following:

1. Hope I will be able to use theTell pass to visit these places without any additional cost?

2. Pse suggest what type of clothing would be required?

3. Is there any restaurant at the summit?

4. What is the frequency of transport to these places and if morning or afternoon would be better during this period?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2017 at 16:43:25 #869995

Hi mvnkutty and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Yes, both Mt. Titlis and Mt. Pilatus are free with the Tell Pass – Summer (good until October 31).
    2. I would anticipate the weather to be around 0 degrees at the top of the mountains…perhaps down to -5 so warm clothes (dress in layers) are important.
    3. Yes, there are restaurants at both locations
    4. You can use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out your trips.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 September 2017 at 5:45:34 #869996

Thanks Mr Lucas for your prompt reply and I appreciate that. One more query pse – Could I use the Tell pass to travel from Zurich to Lucerne by train as I would be landing at Zurich from Prague? Or do, I need to buy a separate ticket for the journey?

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 September 2017 at 10:11:11 #869997

You would need a separate ticket for Zurich to as far as Zug (depending on your train route) and then the Tell Pass will cover the rest of your trip.

Click the Tell Pass link on my previous post to see a PDF map of the pass coverage.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 September 2017 at 16:13:39 #869998

Thanks Mr Lucas,

Would appreciate if you could advise best and interesting route options (using various means of transport, ROTAIR,COGGEN WHEEL,CABLE CAR,TRAIN, BOAT ETC) to and from the following destinations from Lucern to….

Mount Pilaus

Mount Titlis

Mount Rigi

Travel date 16 half day afternoon.17 & 18 Oct full day

Thanks & Regards

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 September 2017 at 7:26:42 #869999

Hi mvnkutty,

There are a couple options to get to Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Rigi. For Mt. Pilatus often people take a boat and the cog wheel train up and the cable cars down the other side – read more about getting to Mt. Pilatus here.

Similar options are available to get to Mt. Rigi, noted here. For Mt. Titlis you can only go up via cable car described here.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 September 2017 at 10:41:44 #870000

Very many thanks Mr Lucas. Really appreciated.

Rgds

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 September 2017 at 16:06:34 #870001

Dear Mr Lucas ,

Have one more query as we are anxioulsy looking forward to the trip.

Is Tell pass of Lucern region valid for Golden pass route? If so which all leg of the route is valid.

I think the train passes through other region as well.

We would be taking a Lucern region Tell pass.

Thanks

Annika
    7121 posts
    23 September 2017 at 17:34:21 #870002

Hi mvnkutty,

The Tell Pass covers the leg Lucerne-Interlaken and back. You can download the validity map at myswissalps.com/tellpa ss/validity to study the coverage area.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 October 2017 at 17:31:05 #870003

Hi Mr Lucas & Team,

Do we need to reserve for a travel from Luzern to Interlaken and back with a Tell Pass? Any additional cost involved, if reservation required?

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 October 2017 at 0:14:02 #870004

>> Do we need to reserve for a travel from Luzern to Interlaken and back with a Tell Pass?

No, you don’t need a reservation. Just board the train with your Tell-Pass.

You might like to consider getting off the train at Brienz and getting the train up to the Brienzer Rothorn. It is covered with your Tell-Pass.

http://www.myswissalps.com/br ienzerrothorn

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 October 2017 at 8:54:52 #870005

Very many thanks!

• The thread ‘October visit to Mt. Titlis and Mt. Pilatus’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.