Jungfrau region – Help to create trips for 3 days

• Mixi1977
    Participant
    5 posts
    26 May 2022 at 17:17:20 #827318

Hello

We are a family from Denmark (2 adult and 4 kids – 5,7, 12 and 15 years old), and we´re going to visit Lauterbrunnen this summer (5 nights). (and looking very much forward to it;-))

We have decided to buy the Jungfrau Pass for 3 days, and only use the trains, cable car etc. included in the pass. We would like to visit Mürren, Wengen, Eigerstation, Kleine Scheidig.Mannlichen, Grindelwald/Grindelwald first – and if you had a suggestion beside that we would appreciate it.

Can you please help with suggestions how to create 3 daytrips, with different types of transport with the Jungfrau Pass (we would like to discover both trains, cable cars etc.) 🙂

What is the cheapest – to by the Pass at location or buy it before we travel?

We are ready to make some easy hikes, if it fits in the suggestions (our smallest kid is 5 years old :-))

Best regards

Michael

• Anna
    6424 posts
    27 May 2022 at 10:18:02 #942404

Hi Michael,

My suggestions would be:

Day 1 – Excursion to Grindelwald First.
    Take the train from Lauterbrunnen to Grindelwald, then walk to the Firstbahn cable car valley station. Take the cable car to First. Do the First Cliff Walk, then maybe have brunch at the restaurant. The restaurant has a big terrace overlooking the surrounding mountains. If you have time for a hike, you can follow the trail to the alpine lake Bachalpsee. In addition there are various activities you can do on First such as the First Flyer (aerial zipline), First Glider (hang glider), mountain cart and trottibike rides (these activities are not free). There is also an adventure playground at the middle station Bort, with a small restaurant on site. This could be a whole day trip or you could combine it with a trip to Pfingstegg later in the day. On Pfingstegg, there is a summer toboggan run that your kids might want to try out.

Day 2 – Day trip to Wengen, Mannlichen, Kleine Scheidegg, Eigergletscher.
    Take the train to Wengen. Walk to Mannlichen cable car valley station and take the cable car up to Männlichen. There’s a playground and a restaurant at the top. A short hike to the observation tower takes roughly 20 minutes. Then you have 2 option. Option 1: hike the Panoramaweg from Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg. From Kleine Scheidegg you can take the train to Eigergletscher. Option 2: take the gondola down to Grindelwald Terminal. Switch to the Eiger Express that will take you to Eigergletscher. From Eigergletscher, take the train down to Wengen.

Day 3 – Interlaken, Lake Brienz, Harder Kulm.
    Take the train to Interlaken Ost. Walk to the Harderbahn funicular station and take the funicular up to Harder Kulm. There’s a restaurant at the top and an observation platform with clear view of the two lakes. After a trip to Harder Kulm, walk to the ferry docks and take a boat trip to Brienz, Giessbach or Iseltwald, or make a roundtrip around the lake. You can find more details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/boatlakebrienz

In the suggestions above, all transportation are included in the Jungfrau Travel Pass (except the cable car to Pfingstegg). Be sure to download the Jungfrau Travel Pass validity map and discover what other destinations are covered in the pass.

The JTP cost roughly the same whether you buy it online or directly from the counter. Options to purchase the JTP online here: http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfrautravelpass/price

Children up to 5 years old don’t need a railpass. For children 6 to 15, all you need is a child pass (CHF30 per child), which allows them to travel along for free.

Hope this gives you some ideas on how to plan your itinerary.

Regards,

Anna

sanjeev
    Participant
    48 posts
    28 May 2022 at 8:30:29 #942405

Sorry to jump in – Thanks for excellent day wise suggestions, as my plan was similar, wanted to know if my travel pass will be suitable.

Day 1: I will be having Half Fare Card + Saver Day Pass. ( Your Day 2 suggestion above Day trip to Wengen, Mannlichen, Kleine Scheidegg, Eigergletscher. + Schilthorn piz gloria)

Day 2 I will be having Half Fare Card. ( I like to visit jungfraujoch)

Day 3: I will be having Half Fare Card + Saver Day Pass. ( Your Day 3 suggestion above Interlaken, Lake Brienz, Harder Kulm).

Day 1 &2 nights at Wengen, Day 3 night I will be staying at Brienzersee Hotel, Ringgenberg.

Thanks for your time.

Anna
    6424 posts
    28 May 2022 at 8:48:15 #942406

Hi Sanjeev,

Based on your plans on all 3 days, I think the Swiss Half Fare Card + Saver Day Pass combo works just as well. You do need to arrange for discounted tickets in advance for the excursions to Harder Kulm, Männlichen, Schilthorn, Jungfraujoch, Kleine Scheidegg and Eigergletscher.

Railpass purchase options:

Regards,

Anna

Mixi1977
    Participant
    5 posts
    29 May 2022 at 19:29:03 #942407

Hi Anna

Thank you very much for your very detailed suggestion. It really suits us well, and we have only made a few changes.

We are looking very much forward to visit Jungfrau region this summer.

Once again, thank you so much.

Best regards Michael

• The thread ‘Jungfrau region – Help to create trips for 3 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11240 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.