Jungfrau Travel Pass with 10 year old

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Ewapiano
Ewapiano
6 posts
Jul 7, 2018 - 9:21 AM

Hi,

I’m planning the trip lto Grindelwald in August. And have a few question about Jungfrau Travel Pass. :

1.what is the price of the cable car (gondola) to Grindelwald First with Jungfrau Travel Pass?

2. Junior Carte for my son (10 yers) is for free ? Can I get the card at the train station?

Lucas
Lucas
9837 posts
expert &
Jul 7, 2018 - 5:02 PM in reply to Ewapiano

Hi Ewapiano and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can find schedules and prices for all transport in Switzerland on the SBB timetable here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable (the first price you see is the Swiss Half Fare Card price so be sure to double it for the regular fare).

1. Travel to First from Grindelwald is free with the JTP. See the PDF map here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/jungfrautravelpa ss/validity
  2. Your son would need to buy the youth version of the Jungfrau Travel Pass (30chf). See here for details: https://www.myswissalp s.com/jungfrautravelpa ss/price
Ewapiano
Ewapiano
6 posts
Jul 8, 2018 - 6:37 AM

Thank you for reply,

I think, however, that it will be better Swiss Half Fare Card if I want to visit several attractions together with my husband and son. After the calculation, it's a bit cheaper.

Thank you.

Lucas
Lucas
9837 posts
expert &
Jul 8, 2018 - 7:21 AM in reply to Ewapiano

It could indeed be the cheaper option for you. It would be different for everyone depending on their itinerary.

Happy Travels!

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jul 8, 2018 - 8:04 AM in reply to Ewapiano

>> it will be better Swiss Half Fare Card if I want to visit several attractions together with my husband and son.

Due to your wording above, just checking to make sure that you understand you need a Swiss Half Fare Card each for yourself and your husband!

Alpenrose

Ewapiano
Ewapiano
6 posts
Jul 8, 2018 - 11:02 AM

Yes I know. I must buy 2 Swiss Half Fare Card for me and my husband and ask for falmily card to my son. He will have for free.

Thank you.

Zafar786
Zafar786
7 posts
Jul 8, 2018 - 5:38 PM

Lucas..

Is it advisable to get JTP online before arrival or get from station in Interlaken?

Lucas
Lucas
9837 posts
expert &
Jul 9, 2018 - 5:28 AM in reply to Zafar786

Either option works fine. The companies listed on our page here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/jungfrautravelpa ss/price either mail it to you or email you a voucher to redeem at the station. We currently don't have a company that will email you the actual Jungfrau Travel Pass to print at home (unlike some other rail passes where you can).

Ewapiano
Ewapiano
6 posts
Jul 9, 2018 - 9:49 AM

Does anyone know if I can buy Swiss Half Fare at the Waldshut railway station ?

Lucas
Lucas
9837 posts
expert &
Jul 9, 2018 - 7:00 PM in reply to Ewapiano

As far as I'm aware no as it is in Germany. Konstanz is an exception and the only one I am aware of.

Ewapiano
Ewapiano
6 posts
Jul 10, 2018 - 7:10 AM

And if I come to Iauterbrunnen an I will buy it immediately on railway station ,can I use it on the same day?

Lucas
Lucas
9837 posts
expert &
Jul 10, 2018 - 10:57 AM in reply to Ewapiano

Yes, you can choose the start day when you buy it. But if you wait until then you would pay the full price for your trip to Lauterbrunnen. You can print the Swiss Half Fare Card at home so you can use it for your whole trip: www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard/price.

Last modified on Jul 10, 2018 - 5:17 PM by Arno
Ewapiano
Ewapiano
6 posts
Jul 11, 2018 - 7:59 AM

Thank you very much !

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018