About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Jungfrau Travel Pass questions
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Jungfrau Travel Pass questions

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
nickynic098
nickynic098
1 post
Jun 30, 2022 - 12:23 AM

Hi there

Thanks for this amazing website with such a wealth of resources! I was hoping to get some advice for which travel pass is best for my itinerary. Apologies if this has been asked before in the forum.

• Day 1: Zurich
  • Day 2: Lucerne (including journey to Mount Rigi)
  • Days 3-4: Base at Lauterbrunnen- visiting Murren including Schilthorn; Grindelwald incl Grindelwald First
  • Day 5: Interlaken and Bern
  • Day 6 Geneva

I was thinking that since I'm spending 3 days in Lauterbrunnen and Interlaken- Jungfrau travel pass might be best for me as it covers almost all of the cable car/ train rides/ cruises.

1) Is the Allmendhubel funicular ride back to Murren covered in the Jungfrau Travel Pass?

2) Would it be worth it to also get a Half Fare Card to get 50% off the rest of the train rides to the major cities, as well as the Mount Rigi round trip?

3) With the Jungfrau Travel pass, do I need to book my tickets in advance or does it work like the Swiss Travel pass where I can just hop on whichever train service?

4) I suppose for the Half Fare Card, I will have to purchase my tix in advance in the SBB app. Do prices change/ increase if I am purchasing on the day of travel?

5) Lastly, I was hoping to store my luggage in the Lucerne Train Station. From what I can see on the SBB website, it charges a fee for the first 6 hours and then it says there will be additional charges for a longer period of time. Do you know what are the charges exceeding 6hours? Let's say I want to store them for about 15hours? Do they charge per hour?

Thank you again for your help!

Ildiko
Ildiko
2498 posts
top member &
Jun 30, 2022 - 4:58 PM in reply to nickynic098

Hi Nickynic098 and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

Thank you for your kind words, I am glad you've found MySwissAlps.com useful. :)

1. With the Jungfrau Travel Pass you get these discounts to Schilthorn:

2. I think I would recommend you the Swiss Travel Pass instead of the Jungfrau Travel Pass. So you get more discounts outside the Jungfrau region. If you wish you can compare your options with the help of our calculation spreadsheet. You can download it from here: www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass. Read more about the validity of the Swiss Travel Pass: www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/validity.

3. Here is how you can use your Jungfrau Travel Pass: www.myswissalps.com/jungfrautravelpass/howtouse

4. Normal price of the point to point tickets are fixed. You might find the so called SuperSaver tickets. Swiss Half Fare Card is also valid for those. But be aware, these kind of tickets are not that flexible and you have to book them in advance. You can read about these more here: www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/switzerland

5. Sorry, I do not know the prices. You can contact them directly, please find the contact details here: www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/at-the-station/railway-stations/lucerne-station/shopping/shop-detail.html/geo-gepaeckaufbewahrung-8f4a. For other luggage solution please have a look at www.myswissalps.com/train/practical/luggage.

Ildiko

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about usNewsletter signup

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022