Jungfrau Travel Pass questions

• nickynic098
    Participant
    1 post
    30 June 2022 at 0:23:39 #827648

Hi there

Thanks for this amazing website with such a wealth of resources! I was hoping to get some advice for which travel pass is best for my itinerary. Apologies if this has been asked before in the forum.

• Day 1: Zurich
    • Day 2: Lucerne (including journey to Mount Rigi)
    • Days 3-4: Base at Lauterbrunnen- visiting Murren including Schilthorn; Grindelwald incl Grindelwald First
    • Day 5: Interlaken and Bern
    • Day 6 Geneva

I was thinking that since I’m spending 3 days in Lauterbrunnen and Interlaken- Jungfrau travel pass might be best for me as it covers almost all of the cable car/ train rides/ cruises.

1) Is the Allmendhubel funicular ride back to Murren covered in the Jungfrau Travel Pass?

2) Would it be worth it to also get a Half Fare Card to get 50% off the rest of the train rides to the major cities, as well as the Mount Rigi round trip?

3) With the Jungfrau Travel pass, do I need to book my tickets in advance or does it work like the Swiss Travel pass where I can just hop on whichever train service?

4) I suppose for the Half Fare Card, I will have to purchase my tix in advance in the SBB app. Do prices change/ increase if I am purchasing on the day of travel?

5) Lastly, I was hoping to store my luggage in the Lucerne Train Station. From what I can see on the SBB website, it charges a fee for the first 6 hours and then it says there will be additional charges for a longer period of time. Do you know what are the charges exceeding 6hours? Let’s say I want to store them for about 15hours? Do they charge per hour?

Thank you again for your help!

• The thread ‘Jungfrau Travel Pass questions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.