Jan 27, 2020 - 10:26 PM
Hi all! Firstly, THANK YOU for all the great advice on these forums. This site has been super helpful in planning our trip! Here's our situation. We are planning to travel from Lausanne to Grindelwald on 13 Jun 2020 (Saturday) and then return on 17 Jun 2020 (Wednesday). Either on the way there or the way back, we'd love to stop to visit the Maison du Gruyere and visit Maison Cailler. This seems like an ambitious day, but I think it is possible with the schedule below, using the SBB timetable:
Option 1: Lausanne > Gruyeres/Broc > Grindelwald on 13 Jun (Saturday)
- Train from Lausanne to Gruyeres (8:44-9:59)
- Tour gruyeres, see the cheese factory and castle, wander about (allow 4 hours)
- Train from Gruyeres to Broc-Fabrique (14:00-14:28)
- See the Maison Cailler (allow 3 hours)
- Train from Broc-Fabrique to Grindelwald (17:32-20:38)
- Check into vacation rental
Option 2: Grindelwald > Broc/Gruyeres > Lausanne on 17 Jun (Wednesday)
- Train from Grindelwald to Broc-Fabrique (8:18-11:28)
- See the chocolate factory (allow 2 hours)
- Train from Broc-Fabrique to Gruyeres (13:32-13:59)
- Tour gruyeres, see the cheese factory and castle, wander about (4 hours)
- Train from Gruyeres to Lausanne (18:00-19:16)
- Check into hotel in Lausanne
- Do you think 4 hours in Gruyeres and 2-3 hours in Broc is sufficient time to visit the factories and walk around town? Should we try for more or less time at either stop?
- Are there any options to store luggage at the Gruyeres or Broc-Fabrique train stations?
- Is either of these a considerably better option, considering time of day we'd be in both Gruyeres and Broc?
- We've decided it's probably too ambitious to try to do this AND the Golden Pass in one day -- this isn't a question, I'm just letting you know :-) We may try to do the Golden Pass on whichever day we don't do this plan.
Thanks for the advice!