Mount Titlis – weather forecast and when not to go

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 November 2017 at 9:38:04 #813594

Hi I am planningg to visit Mt Titlis this Saturday, November 4th. The weather forecast says mostly cloudy but no snow/rain. Is it good idea to go?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 November 2017 at 9:43:38 #871444

Hi Aishu and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The weather forecast changes rapidly in the mountains. Wait until Friday night or Saturday morning to check the weather for Mt. Titlis. Also check the webcams on their website. If it is cloudy and not much visibility I wouldn’t go.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 November 2017 at 9:53:23 #871445

Thank you Lucas. Will wait till Friday then.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 November 2017 at 10:07:24 #871446

Perhaps another mountain in the area looks better for Saturday? Mt. Pilatus, Stanserhorn, or Mt. Rigi though they are quite close to each other….if one has poor weather they might all have. But the weather around those 3 mountains may well be quite different from Mt. Titlis.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 November 2017 at 10:13:41 #871447

I am here till January first week, but as we get closer to December will it become very cold? I will still be able to find a weekend with better weather? I have a 5 yr old who is pretty excited about seeing the glacier. I dont want her to get disppointed seeing just the clouds.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 November 2017 at 16:25:58 #871448

It will be quite cold in the mountains now (-1 Celcius) but yes it will be colder in January on average.

You can get nice clear weather on any weekend – I’m sure between now and the next few weeks the weather will be good enough to go!

• The thread ‘Mount Titlis – weather forecast and when not to go’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.