Which mountains to skip on 11 day Switzerland trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2019 at 14:08:54 #821930

ON MY 11 DAYS TRIP TO SWISS I AM PLANNING TO VISITI MT TITLIS-JUNGFRAU-GLACIER3000-ZERMAT MATHHERHORN-PILATUS-MTFIRST-RIGGI-SCHILTHORN..

NEED A SUGGESTION IF WANT TO CANCEL ANY ONE OR TWO MOUNTAIN VISIT WHICH ONE TO CANCEL..I WILL BE VISITING LUCERN-BERN-INTERLAKEN-ZURICH-MONTRX-GENEVA-ZERMAT-VEVEY-BROC CHOCOLATE FACTORY..WHICH OTHER PLACE I CAN ADD ON IF I CANCEL MY TRIP TO 2 OR 1 MOUNTAIN..

YOUR SUGGESTION WILL BE HIGHLY REQUIRED

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    30 May 2019 at 14:41:50 #913714

Kindly read our rules first, especially on place spelling and capital letters. Then we will gladly try to assist you!

Arno
    15484 posts
    31 May 2019 at 6:37:35 #913715

Hi Hitesh kasat,

All mountains are unique and worth it if the weather is good. Which ones to visit or to skip depends on where you will be spending the nights (travel time) and your interests. We have detailed pages of many mountains, so you can compare them and see what you like best: http://www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities/naturalsites/ mountains.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2019 at 7:58:48 #913716

sorry if i have break any rules..

my detailed itinerary as follows

day1:geneva airport to thun check in and day spend near thun ,spiez and bern city

day 2- morning thun to schilthorn via lauterbrunnen after some quality time there back to lauterbrunnen then from there to grindelwald from there to mt first and activity and than back to thun

day 3- thun to glacier 3000 explore nearby place and back to room and if time permit to harder klum

day 4- thun to zermat and surrounding and than klein mattherhorn

day 5-morning paragliding if possible than thun to jungfrau,wengen inerlaken city and back

day 6- thun to luzern check in than to mt titlis and stantherhorn

day 7-zurich local mountain and rheinfalls

day 8- mit pilatus and mt riggi and city

day 9- luzern to geneva check in back to montrux chillon castle from there to wineyard train and relax

day 10- geneva to broc factory and back to geneva and city

day 11-check out

really need some suggestion if i can skip some mountain and can do some other activities or explore some other city or other place

thanks in advance

Arno
    15484 posts
    31 May 2019 at 14:44:36 #913717

Hi Hitesh kasat,

You have a pretty packed itinerary there. I would skip “Interlaken city” (not much to see) and stay in Lausanne probably, instead of Geneva. That will save at least 3 hours of traveling.

http://www.myswissalps.com/la usanne

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2019 at 14:21:18 #913718

Actually during departure having my flight early morning at 8 so have to be at airport by 5 or 6 so choose geneva ..

i know my intinerary is full packed ..just thought to skip one mountain and choose other option which u guys can suggest better ..

how about day trip to lugano with bernina express instead of mt titlis??

how long it take to complete lake blausseee and oeschinen lake sight seeing from thun..

even can try gelmer funicular handegg..how much time it take from grindelwald

i know switzerland is a country to see lot many things and so bit confused in selecting

thanks in advance

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    1 June 2019 at 17:01:10 #913719

Hi Hitesh Kasat-

In addition to the information in this site about the destinations you have mentioned, one other piece of information is necessary for making the choices that you need to make.

That is timing. See the comments below about the timetable to help with that.

The decisions of what to see and what to skip all are very personal decisions. Everyone has different interests. Everyone has different abilities and perspectives, for example, in walking shorter or longer distances, or hiking. Your profile does not describe your interests; you have not mentioned your personal interests (other than paragliding); your message does not mention he nature of your group, if any. You do not state when you are traveling. All of that is requested of you in the link that Snowman provided. That is not for our amusement; it is so we can help you better, while also helping others , without wasting time spent messaging back and forth to understand your needs. limitations, and preferences.

So,even if we wished to guide you, we have no basis for doing so.

And, even if this is true<<“YOUR SUGGESTION WILL BE HIGHLY REQUIRED”>> it is highly required that you make it, not us. We have no basis for doing so.

Timing –

Once you have some idea where you want to go, and why that choice and what you mean by “quality time”( which determines how long you will spend at any place mentioned), you can figure out how long it will take to go back and forth. The Swiss Transport System offers frequent connections and comfortable travel.

Start here:

http://www.myswissalps.com/tr avel/inswitzerland

and, check out the timetable, taking advantage of the valuable tips given here:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

It will help you use the timetable if you use the correct spelling for the place names, as requested by Snowman, and suggested in the Forum Rules.

When I read your message title, I said to myself-

“There are dozens of mountains in Switzerland worth seeing, as well as hundreds of mountains. So, a list of mountains to skip would be many pages long, and requires criteria for choice.”

Then, I read your post. This link gives a start on which ones to see by some arbitrary method of choosing:

old.myswitzerland.com/ en-us/the-most-iconic-mountains-in-switzerland.html

For what it is worth…

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Which mountains to skip on 11 day Switzerland trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.