Need help with Swiss pass and eurail

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2012 at 10:45:35 #805224

Hello, I’ll be visiting switzerland in AUG for 3 days,arriving at Zurich by plane and leaving from Interlaken to Paris by train. I haven’t bought any railpass and swiss pass/HFC yet. My itinerary is :
    D1: Zurich to Interlaken

D2:Interlaken to jungfraujoch

D3: I dont know where to go yet…(any suggestions?)

D4: Interlaken to paris (planning for earlier train)

I would really appreciate it if anyone can give me an advise as to what to buy and the most cost-effective way that is applicable with my itinerary ? On DAY 4: If I get a half fare card, will it cover half of the fair on the swiss part of my trip from interlaken to paris? Or do I need to get a separate fare from Interlaken to paris alone.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2012 at 12:47:26 #835968

By the way I’m planning to include France in my Eurail pass, so the French part of the trips is covered. Thank you in advance.

Arno
    15481 posts
    9 May 2012 at 13:57:46 #835969

Hi Lorderon,

Well, I would say a Swiss Half Fare Card or Swiss Card would suit your plans if I just look at the Swiss portion of your trip. However, you’ve already planned to take a Eurail Pass, so you might want to add Switzerland to that pass as well. Especially since there are promotions that offer a free extra travel day and $50 off your pass. The trips you’ve planned are included (Jungfrau: discounted) in the pass. Please check our Eurail Pages for further pass details.

As for your 3th day you can best review our Interlaken page, the hiking trail tips and the day trips. I can recommend a boat ride on one of the lakes.

• The thread ‘Need help with Swiss pass and eurail’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.