Swiss rail pass options please for my visit

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2015 at 10:21:03 #807434

I am reaching Geneva on 08 Aug 2015, in the evening 2100 hrs by train. I wish to buy the Swiss Pass for four days. Going to Interlaken on 09 Aug reach by evening, visit Mt Titlis on 10 Aug stay at Interlaken for two days (9 to 11 August). leave for Luzerne stay one night next day leave for Lugano and stay a night at Lugano before proceeding for Venice. is it ok to go for the Pass? also with the pass will make use of the Train Journey at Jungfrau. Please advise.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15478 posts
    22 June 2015 at 14:11:15 #843908

Hi Patcat133,

Welcome to MySwissAlps and thanks for your post. Sure, a 3-day Swiss Travel Pass would fit your plans. All the trains are free (no tickets required), the cable car to Mount Titlis is 50% discounted, and the train to Jungfraujoch is 25% off from Wengen (and free till there). The only alternative you may want to consider is the Swiss Half Fare Card, offering 50% off all tickets.

Please see myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price for the Swiss Travel Pass purchase options.

Note that Mount Titlis is much closer to Lucerne than to Interlaken, so you may want to adjust your plans to limit travel time.

• The thread ‘Swiss rail pass options please for my visit’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.