Pilatus free or discounted with Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2020 at 19:57:25 #825421

Hello,

I saw a forum post from 2017 that said Mt. Pilatus is free with the Swiss Travel Pass. When I look up what is covered, it tells me the trip to Mt. Pilatus is only discounted with the STP. Can someone help me out? Looking at trying to figure out what mountains are free with the pass and which are discounted.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6355 posts
    6 March 2020 at 20:24:49 #931225

Hi Silllyme2,

With the Swiss Travel Pass you can travel for free up to Kriens or Alpnachstad, and from Kriens/Alpnachstad to the summit of Mt Pilatus, you will get a 50% discount. In the past, you would have been able to travel for free with the cable car all the way up but this is no longer applicable. Mt Rigi and Stanserhorn are still fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.

For a list of other mountains that are discounted with the Swiss Travel Pass, have a look at this page: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/validity

You can also download a validity map from the same page.

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2020 at 21:24:28 #931226

Thank you Ana for the clarification. We are looking forward to our visit in May.

-Tracy

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    7 March 2020 at 2:14:33 #931227

Hin Tracy-

May is still late Winter in the higher Alpine regions. However, it is really a nice time of year around Luzern.

That can affect your travel plans elsewhere.

Do you have any other regions of Switzerland in mind?

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Pilatus free or discounted with Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.