Places to visit Zurich and Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2017 at 13:55:53 #810750

Finally have decided for a 6 night stay in Switzerland. Will be first staying for 2 nights in Zurich and then move to Lucerne for 4 nights. Am traveling with my two kids aged 10 yrs and 6 yrs and my mother aged 64 yrs. Please suggest me places that I can visit while I will be at my two bases. Also what kind of rail pass that I require for all my travel in Switzerland. After my visit we shall be going to Paris Disneyland so what would be the best mode for it. Thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2017 at 17:10:44 #858738

Hi umeshghai,

We have given you a lot of options and ideas for you to consider on your other thread here.

Zurich is the largest city in Switzerland and is best for restaurants and museums/ art galleries. The real mountain scenery is near Luzern. Please click on this link for things to do in Luzern.
    I would suggest a boat trip on Lake Luzern and a trip to either or both Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Titlis.

If you are looking for someone to build and book a custom holiday package for you please click here.

Best regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 February 2017 at 21:50:59 #858739

The most important sights of Zurich are the Old Town, Bahnhofstrasse, Grossmünster church and Lake Zurich are all based in Zurich’s town center. They are all reached within a three-hour walk or can be accessed by public transport. Culture lovers will enjoy a visit to the museum, Opera House, Schauspielhaus (municipal theater) or Tonhalle (concert hall). Nature fans can take a trip to Zurich’s very own Uetliberg “mountain”, visit the zoo or take a boat to Rapperswil.

• The thread ‘Places to visit Zurich and Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.