Point to point and Swiss Half Fare Card

Point to point and Swiss Half Fare Card

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Nbunim
Nbunim
19 posts
Jun 24, 2018 - 11:54 AM

Hi , I always buying my passes at SBB at Zurich aroport . I get Half Fair card because I go to Zermatt and use lifts and I get othe one ( point to point ? ) which allows me travel from Zurich border till Zermatt and back to the border . What is the name of that card ? Please remind me

Arno
Arno
11133 posts
expert &
Jun 24, 2018 - 12:16 PM

Hi Nbunim,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The first card you are referring to is the Swiss Half Fare Card: www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard.

Another card you may have heard about is the Swiss Transfer Ticket: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstransferticket. But you don't need that if you have a Swiss Half Fare Card. You'd better buy a regular point to point ticket with a 50% discount: www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/switzerland halffare.

It is more convenient to buy your Swiss Half Fare Card online and print it at home. That way you can save time as you can skip the staffed ticket office and get your ticket quickly from the machine, or online. Also you can store the PDF file that you'll receive, so you have a backup in case you lose the card. Please find purchase options here: www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard/price.

1960man
1960man
507 posts
top member
Jun 25, 2018 - 12:29 AM in reply to Nbunim

'Zurich Border' to Zermatt would be the Swiss Transfer Ticket

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018