Schilthorn gondolas and one-way tickets

• MS320
    Participant
    60 posts
    30 January 2019 at 18:29:25 #819701

Hi,

I’m planning to use the Schilthorn gondolas between Mürren and Stechelberg, as well as the Allmendhubel funicular, in July. Both journeys will be just one-way. However,I just find the option to buy return tickets to Allmendhubel online, at the Schilthorn website. Are ticket counters at Mürren (both Allmendhubelbahn and Schilthornbahn), and is it possible to buy just single tickets there? Do they accept the Children’s Co Travelcard?

And about the gondolas, I know that we need to change cable cars at Gimmelwald, but can we hop off to explore the village?

Thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    30 January 2019 at 20:53:32 #903218

There are ticket counters for both at Mürren.

You change cable cars at Gimmelwald so can go for a wander and catch a later car.

Not sure about one-way Allmendhubel. It’s only a 4 minute ride. Yes the CCT will work.

MS320
    Participant
    60 posts
    30 January 2019 at 20:56:13 #903219

Ok, thanks. I’ll certainly go for a walk in Gimmelwald. Just one more question… the Children’s Co Travelcard can be purchased by tourists from other countries, right?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
  • The thread ‘Schilthorn gondolas and one-way tickets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.