Zermatt to Andermatt Glacier Express reservation

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2018 at 19:19:39 #815256

Hi,

I have bought swiss pass 1st class for 8days for duration of my stay from 19th april to 24th april.

i wish to travel from Zermatt to Andermatt on 23rd on Glacier express. i have booked two tickets for same through SBB app.

My Ticket id is 429859360736.

But the ticket is not showing seat numbers. Kindly confirm is it a confirm ticket on GeX902 with pre-booled seat.

regard

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    10 April 2018 at 21:05:15 #881891

Looks like you bought a ticket which you don’t need with a Swiss Travel Pass.

You need a seat reservation which you need to get from shop.glacierexpress.ch /. It may already be booked out.

Call into a Swiss station while you are there and I’m sure they will refund your ticket price when you explain your mistake.

You do understand that the Swiss Travel Pass allows you Ticket-less travel in most cases. Seat reservations are quite different to tickets.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2018 at 0:03:36 #881892

Hi sisirj, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

>> i wish to travel from Zermatt to Andermatt on 23rd on Glacier express. i have booked two tickets for same through SBB app … But the ticket is not showing seat numbers. Kindly confirm is it a confirm ticket on GeX902 with pre-booled seat.

I agree with rockoyster – what you seem to have bought is two half-fare tickets for first class in any train between Zermatt and Andermatt on 23 April 2018. However, without a reservation as well, you could not use them on the Glacier Express.

First class on the Glacier Express is already booked out on your travel date. There are still a few seats available in second class, but no window seats.

For the sector Zermatt to Andermatt, the normal trains will be just fine. Your Swiss Travel Pass is all you need for that – no reservation. You will be able to sit where you want, and move around to enjoy the views from both sides, as first class on the regional trains is not likely to be full on your travel date.

Make sure to request a refund before the date on which your purchased tickets are valid. There will probably be a fee of some sort. This page might be useful:

http://www.sbb.ch/en/travelca rds-and-tickets/buying-options/refund-request/online-mobile.html

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2018 at 3:32:09 #881893

Thank you for your reply.

the sbb app is should be informative and handy for first time traveller; to avoid such mistakes in future.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 April 2018 at 4:19:01 #881894

If you look at the information at the bottom of the screen for the GEX departure at 8:52 on 23 April it does say “Reservation Compulsory”. You would have also learned reservations were mandatory if you had read about the Glacier Express at http://www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress/tickets.

The SBB App is a tool primarily for domestic travellers to look up timetables and buy tickets. It is not oriented towards tourists. It can’t know that you have a Swiss Travel Pass because it would assume that if you are going to buy a ticket you don’t have such a pass.

Perhaps if you contact SBB they will welcome your suggestions for improvements to the app.

• The thread ‘Zermatt to Andermatt Glacier Express reservation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.