How to buy ticket online with Swiss Half Fare Card

How to buy ticket online with Swiss Half Fare Card

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
jaideep
jaideep
1 post
Aug 25, 2017 - 5:13 AM

How to book tickets for train,goldenpass train and cable cars using Swiss Half Card.

Not able to see any option at the payment gateway to use the swiss half card.

Please let me know how to book tickets using swiss half card, if I need to visit particular website for booking

Cheers

Jdy

Lucas
Lucas
3375 posts
expert &
Aug 25, 2017 - 5:55 AM in reply to jaideep

Hi Jaideep and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It can be a little tricky on some websites to find the Swiss Half Fare Card discount.

We have an web page here on buying tickets within Switzerland using the Swiss Half Fare Card.
That should help you buy those tickets with the discount.

Lucas

Last modified on Aug 25, 2017 - 5:56 AM by Lucas
Marki
Marki
64 posts
Aug 26, 2017 - 1:23 PM

We had the same issue trying to use the half fare card to purchase a Jungfrau pass online. Finally discovered on one of the screens a box that said adult. When I clicked on adult, a drop down box appeared with half fare as an option. Might work same way on the tickets you want to purchase. It was not very intuitive to me but try looking for box that says "adult". Mark

Arno
Arno
9617 posts
expert &
Aug 26, 2017 - 5:57 PM in reply to Marki

That's indeed how it works on www.happyrail.com/en/s witzerland-by-train. Click the "person icon" in the top of the page and then click "Discount cards" to select the Swiss Half Fare Card.

They won't be asking for any proof that you actually own a Swiss Half Fare Card. You will just buy a discounted ticket and it up to you to show both the ticket and the Swiss Half Fare Card when requested during the journey.

This is how to book train tickets, if you want to have them in advance. Cable car tickets can be purchased through the links we have on all our cable car pages, or on the spot.

Enjoy your trip!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017