How to buy ticket online with Swiss Half Fare Card

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 August 2017 at 5:13:27 #813072

How to book tickets for train,goldenpass train and cable cars using Swiss Half Card.

Not able to see any option at the payment gateway to use the swiss half card.

Please let me know how to book tickets using swiss half card, if I need to visit particular website for booking

Cheers

Jdy

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 August 2017 at 5:55:49 #868922

Hi Jaideep and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It can be a little tricky on some websites to find the Swiss Half Fare Card discount.

We have an web page here on buying tickets within Switzerland using the Swiss Half Fare Card.
    That should help you buy those tickets with the discount.

Lucas

Mark
    Participant
    805 posts
    26 August 2017 at 13:23:33 #868923

We had the same issue trying to use the half fare card to purchase a Jungfrau pass online. Finally discovered on one of the screens a box that said adult. When I clicked on adult, a drop down box appeared with half fare as an option. Might work same way on the tickets you want to purchase. It was not very intuitive to me but try looking for box that says “adult”. Mark

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 August 2017 at 17:57:12 #868924

That’s indeed how it works on http://www.happyrail.com/en/s witzerland-by-train. Click the “person icon” in the top of the page and then click “Discount cards” to select the Swiss Half Fare Card.

They won’t be asking for any proof that you actually own a Swiss Half Fare Card. You will just buy a discounted ticket and it up to you to show both the ticket and the Swiss Half Fare Card when requested during the journey.

This is how to book train tickets, if you want to have them in advance. Cable car tickets can be purchased through the links we have on all our cable car pages, or on the spot.

Enjoy your trip!

• The thread ‘How to buy ticket online with Swiss Half Fare Card’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.