Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days plus one extra day

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2019 at 13:34:39 #822883

Dear All,

I will be travelling to Switzerland for 5 days and staying 2 nights in Lucerne and 2 nights in Grindelwald. I have a question here as I will be taking 4 days Swiss travel pass but for one day extra could you advise what is the best possible option.

1. On first day I will be travelling to Lucerne and staying there for 2 nights so shall I buy one way ticket to Lucerne and for next 4 days, the pass will take care.

2. Or the other option is I take a pass the first 4 days and on last day I will travel on day ticket from Grindelwald to Zurich Airport but that will be very costly.

Please advise. Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    16 July 2019 at 21:41:02 #917929

Hello Jasvinder and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Your option 1 makes sense. Zurich Airport to Luzern is not that expensive.

http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/switzerland

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2019 at 12:39:45 #917930

Thanks rockoyster. But I would like to go to Rigi mountain on Day 1 and if I take one way ticket and no pass then I will not be able to explore the Rigi. Could you advise if it is right to go for Saver Day Pass on Day 1 which I understand covers the entire transport and Rigi is also included or is there any other option?

Thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 July 2019 at 14:53:07 #917931

Hi Jasvinder,

Well, you can buy tickets to/via Mount Rigi too, but indeed the Saver Day Pass includes Mount Rigi so that’s likely to be the cheaper option if purchased well in advance: http://www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2019 at 15:00:35 #917932

Thanks. My last question to you. Do I have to buy Daily Saver Pass for my 11 years old child as well or is there any alternate pass for him? Regards Jas

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 July 2019 at 15:34:43 #917933

You’re welcome Jas! You’ll find several options for children here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/discounts. The 1-day travelpass is the cheapest option for one day I’d say.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2019 at 16:57:36 #917934

Great. Many thanks then I am going for it. But if I ask you about the Swiss Family Card, means do I get the Family Card with Swiss Day Saver Pass for my child in that case I will have to buy Day Saver Pass only for myself and wife?

Regards

Jas

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 July 2019 at 17:32:12 #917935

Hi Jas,

The Swiss Family Card only works when used with the 4-day Swiss Travel Pass you intend to buy. You can order those from any of the retailers here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price.

The Saver Day Pass is for the 5th day. You need one for you and one for your wife, you can buy those here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass/price. The 1-day travelpass for your son can be purchased locally from any staffed train station or online.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 July 2019 at 9:42:38 #917936

Hi Arno,

I am placing an order for Saver Day Pass on happy rail website. My question is:

1. My wife has no family name (surname) and we normally specify the surname as same as first name (given name) in passport as this is the standard also following in airlines. I hope I should also specify the first name and last name as same for my wife while booking?

2. Can I use the etickets booked for 1 Day Saver Pass or do I need physical tickets for travel?

Please can you answer at the earliest as I would like to make booking as soon as possible?

Regards

Jas

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 July 2019 at 17:23:59 #917937

Hi Jas,

1. If you fill it out exactly like on your passport then it’s fine. Train staff may ask for your passport for identification, so the name there should match with the one on the pass.

2. You’ll need to print the Saver Day Passes e-mailed to you. That’s all, nothing else is needed.

Enjoy your trips!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days plus one extra day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.