Swiss trip for 9n 10 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2014 at 8:10:58 #806297

Hi

We are a family of three (daughter age 15 years)

We are planning to do these places.

Please suggest with rail pass and other places which I might have missed out.

Day 1

Land in Zurich.

Move to Grindelwald.

Rest of the day enjoy at Grindelwald.

Day 2

Lauterbrunnen,murren

Schilthorn from Murren

Day 3

Jungfrough

Day 4

Move to Montreaux.

I am planning to reserve tickets in golden pass line from interlaken ost to montreux via zeisswessman.

visit chillon castle

Day 5

visit Geneva.

local sight seeing

Night stay at montreaux.

Day 6

Move to Lucerne

local sight seeing

chapel bridge,lion monument

Day 7

Visit to mt titlis.

Day 8

visit to Berne or Basel or zurich

Day 9

visit mt Pilatus

Day 10

leave from lucerne to zurich and depart.

This what we have planned.

Please suggest if this is fine and which swiss pass or half fare card works best for me.

if I want to include zermatt,

Is it possible to go from lucerne or grindelwald.

Is it worth going!

Thanks a lot for your guidance.

So my stay would be 3 nights grindelwald,2 nights montreaux

and 4 nights at lucerne.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    7 April 2014 at 10:25:54 #839718

Hello Rajesh,

My preference would be this order:

1. Montreux
    2. Grindelwald
    3. Lucerne

That way you can cover the entire Golden Pass line when you transfer from Montreux to Grindelwald and from Grindelwald to Lucerne.

Zermatt would be quite a long day trip. It’s worth it if you don’t mind that, and if you do so on a clear day so you won’t miss the views there. I would recommend to do the trip up the Gornergrat. Montreux is the best place on your list to do this day trip from, but you’d better check the timetable to see if the long travel is worth it to you.

Once your itinerary is final, please visit this page to select the best pass. You can even do with an 8-day Swiss Pass if you only plan short trips on day 9 and 10 (e.g. just move from Lucerne to Zurich). A Swiss Half Fare Card could indeed also make sense, but you have to do the math as explained on the page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2014 at 10:52:41 #839719

Hi

Thanks for reply.

which is better to visit

bern ,basel or zurich

I checked and felt that swiss pass works best.

Do I need to purchase titlis, pilatus and jungfrough tickets for my daughter as well or she travels free?

Arno
    15483 posts
    7 April 2014 at 11:39:14 #839720

You’re welcome Rajesh! In your case a visit to Bern would get you the most variety in your trip. You can visit Bern from Grindelwald or from Lucerne (via the scenic railway through Schüpfheim). We have pages about Basel and Zurich too, so you can check which one appeals to you most.

If your daughter is 15 while traveling she travels along for free everywhere if you order along the free Swiss Family Card. Swiss Pass points of sale can be found here.

• The thread ‘Swiss trip for 9n 10 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.