4 days Geneva, Montreux, Interlaken, Zurich,Tirano

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2016 at 3:06:54 #809535

I am planning to travel around switzerland in late september / early october of this year. I would be travelling with my wife and would be a budget traveller. I plan to use the 4 day swiss travel pass. My plan is:

Sep 30: Land at Geneva around noon and see around geneva. Any suggestions regarding must see are welcome.

Oct 1: leave Geneva at 1PM and reach Lausanne by train. I plan to spend about 4 hrs in here and plan to walk around the town and visit the olympic museum. I am a big fan of the olympics. Any other place worth visiting in the short time? After that I plan to reach Montreux and spend the night there.

Oct 2: I plan to visit the Chateau de Chillon in the morning from 9:30 to 11:45 and catch the train to Zweisimmen at 12:40 and then reach Interlake West through Spiez by about 4:30 PM. Night stay at interlaken.

Oct 3: start early by about 6:45 and reach Jungfraujoch via Grindelwald by 9:30. Spend time there till 12:30 and then leave through Wengen/ interlaken/ Bern to Zurich. I plan to be Zurich by about 5 PM.

Oct 4: Visit the FIFA museum and then leave Zurich by about 12:30 to Chur. Any suggestions regarding must see places in zurich during this period are welcome. From Chur I am planning to travel by the regional express to Tirano through Samedan/ Pontresina. I should be at Tirano by about 6:20 PM.

Any suggestions regarding this plan are welcome. Is this do able?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    26 June 2016 at 10:32:15 #853466

Hi prkashyap, welcome to MySwissAlps,

Most of your plans seem doable to me. It’s quite a lot for a few days though. The main risk is the weather. Hopefully It will be good enough to visit Jungfraujoch as you don’t have an option to be flexible. So be sure to have an alternative in mind just in case.

Things to do and more tips can be found on our town specific pages:

A nice walk in the town center of Lausanne can be found here: myswissalps.com/hiking /lausanne.

• The thread ‘4 days Geneva, Montreux, Interlaken, Zurich,Tirano’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.