Switzerland trip report early May from India

• Harjeet
    Participant
    36 posts
    12 May 2019 at 18:12:53 #821598

Hi Team,

Thank you so much for all the support / queries answered by you guys while I was planning family trip to Switzerland in first week of May 2019 . This is really knowledge shrine which helped me in planning full trip on my own. It was satisfying experience seeing each planned element falling in place during execution

To future planners and visitors of forums here is snippet of my trip element

1) Base Locations – Luzern(3 nights) , Grindelwald(2 nights) , Montreux(2 nights) , Zurich(1 night on return)

2) Swiss Travel Pass bought for 8 days from HappyRail.com

3) Alps covered – Rigi, Pilatus, Schilthorn, Jungfraujoch

4) Panormic Train – Golden Pass line , Chocolate Train

5) Villages covered – Gruyers , Broc , Murren, Grindelwald, Wengen, Lauterbrunnen

What did not happened as planned:

1) JET Airways of India cancelling last minute tickets due to operational issues with airlines leading to unplanned increase in trip expense

2) Was not lucky to get clear sky for Jungfraujoch trip but undertook journey to the top as it was good

Here is the link to some of the scenic moments captured during the trip – photos.app.goo.gl/ft7K HsEsvbDs9Pa3A

Thank a ton again for all the support

Harjeet

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    12 May 2019 at 18:29:21 #912189

Great pictures! Looked fantastic.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2019 at 3:02:57 #912190

Hello Harjeet,

Thanks a million for sharing your experiences with us here on the forum as well as for your appreciative words! We’re happy to hear we provide valuable information here.

Maybe see you back sometime in the future.

Take care and thanks again.

Best,
    Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2019 at 4:58:02 #912191

Nice pics bro, which camera? Also is buying STP from Happy rail ok? Any discounts ?i am travelling next month to switzerland..also what travel power adapter to be bought? 2 pin ok or typical swiss J 3pin pin adepter must? Is our regular Indian mobile chargers plugs ok for seitzerland? Sorry for asking too many questions 🙏

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 May 2019 at 5:03:28 #912192

Hi Singhmonika1,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! HappyRail is fine as well as the other retailers listed here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price. If there are discounts at the moment you’ll find them there too.

Please see http://www.myswissalps.com/ab outswitzerland/practic al/swissoutlet for adapters. Two pin is typically ok, I have never used the 3 pin adapter for appliances that I brought myself. I don’t know specifically for India. Perhaps Harjeet does, or otherwise post a new thread about that, as it will be noticed by more people that way.

Harjeet
    Participant
    36 posts
    17 May 2019 at 17:33:00 #912193

Many thanks pkerr

Harjeet
    Participant
    36 posts
    17 May 2019 at 17:36:44 #912194

Hey SinghMonika1,

Many thanks…

1) These are pics taken from mobile ( iPhone / Oppo) 🙂

2) Yes I was satisfied with Happy rail for Swiss travel pass but you can always compare them with others for prevalent offers if any

3) Universal travel adapter will work as I took that as regular Indian chargers will not work without them. So don’t take chances and carry universal adapter

Shroffchetan
    Participant
    255 posts
    21 May 2019 at 9:33:18 #912195

Nice pics bro, which camera?

Good mobile phone is sufficient- any iphone or Samsung S Series

Also is buying STP from Happy rail ok? Any discounts ?

You can buy from Swisstours. They have offices in many major cities. You can also buy on Zurich airport

i am travelling next month to switzerland..also what travel power adapter to be bought? 2 pin ok or typical swiss J 3pin pin adepter must? Is our regular Indian mobile chargers plugs ok for seitzerland?

Please buy European converter. This you can buy in local market.

You can read my blog which answers all these questions. http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-switzerland-may-2017

Sorry for asking too many questions. Pl contact any questions

• The thread ‘Switzerland trip report early May from India’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.