Best pass for 5 days June Wengen, Lucerne, Zurich?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2019 at 18:21:20 #820515

Hello and thank you for the tips I’ve gathered so far! I am a little confused still have questions about train travel. We are weighing which is most economical – Swiss Pass, Half Fare Pass, Jungfrau or Bernese Oberland regional pass. We travel to Wengen on June 8, to Lucerne on June 12 and to Zurich on June 13 for our flight home. While the BO pass seems best for our 3 full days in Wengen and to Lucerne, I am still weighing options.

Itinerary: From Monterosso, Italy on June 8th, we plan the following route: 6:54 AM train from Monterosso (IC 658) to Milan, 11:23AM train from Milan (EC 52) to Spiez, 14:33 from Spiez to Interlaken Ost (IC 971), Regional 171 and 371 departing from Interlaken at 15:05 and Lauterbrunnen at 15:37.

Question: if we purchase a regional Bernese Oberland pass beginning that day, how does that work? Do we buy ticket only as far as Brig, get off the EC52 at Brig and buy the BO pass for the remainder, or buy the BO pass in advance and apply to the entire point to point journey?

Excursions: The trips we will likely do are Schynige Platte to First, Wengen to Maennlichen to Kleine Scheidegg (is the cable car closed on our dates? and if so, what are our options?) . Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg, Trummelbach Falls, Lake Brienz, Grutschalp to Murren, Staubbach Falls, Eiger Trail.

We’d greatly appreciate your thoughts on transportation, best passes and what a couple in their 50’s (moderately fit) can reasonable fit into three full days at that time of year.

Thanks so much in advance!

• The thread ‘Best pass for 5 days June Wengen, Lucerne, Zurich?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.