Family vacation Switzerland by road do's & don'ts

Family vacation Switzerland by road do's & don'ts

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Jim
Jim
1 post
Jul 10, 2018 - 1:59 AM

Hi.. i will be travelling by road through Switzerland on my family vacation. I will land in zurich and stay there for two days. I have rented a car from zuric airport. what inputs can you share about parking rules and tariffs in zurich and interlaken?

please share inputs on do’s and dont’s while driving through switzerland.

thanks,

jim

Arno
Arno
10742 posts
expert &
Jul 10, 2018 - 4:34 AM in reply to Jim

Hi Jim, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

We shared a lot of must knows here: www.myswissalps.com/ca r. Did you go through that already?

Feel free to let us know if anything is missing there and we'll be glad to help you out.

I wouldn't drive in Zurich itself. It's busy with a lot of pedestrian zones and one way streets like in many Swiss towns. Interlaken is rather small. You don't need a car in town but you can use it to explore the region (valleys and lake areas). Note that many areas, particularly the mountains and the Jungfrau region are car free.

Last modified on Jul 10, 2018 - 8:41 AM by Arno
fredch
fredch
50 posts
Jul 10, 2018 - 11:05 AM

Zurich can be a bear with a car. In any city, park in the outer areas and take mass transport into the centers. On the expressways, go the speed limit, and unless passing stay in the right lane. Make sure that you have a Vignette allowing you to use the Autobahns. Rental agencies can give you any local tips and maps.

Arno
Arno
10742 posts
expert &
Jul 16, 2018 - 6:20 PM

How are your preparations going Jim? Were the above links helpful?

Last modified on Jul 16, 2018 - 6:20 PM by Arno

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018