My understanding on Swiss cross border tickets

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2018 at 9:47:55 #816181

Hi,

Would like some help to validate my understanding on cross border train ticket purchase when I am holding a Swiss Travel Pass.

Planned to travel on 04Aug18 from Venice to Zurich, and I found the following train schedule :

12:20 Venice to Milan (Train FR9730)

40 minutes connection time in Milan

15:25 Milan to Zurich (Train EC20)

So my questions as follow:

1. Since I got the Swiss Rail pass, I understand I only need to purchase ticket up to Chiasso, am I correct ?

2. The 15:25 train departing Milan to Zurich has got Chiasso as a stop, I am assuming I can continue with the same train without getting off. Milan to Chiasso covered by my purchased ticket in Italy, and Chiasso to Zurich will cover by my Swiss Rail Pass. Is my assumption correct ?

3. Do I need to validate my Swiss Rail Pass in order to use it for Chiasso to Zurich train ?

4. I found some other train schedule with only 10 minutes connection time in Milan, i.e. saving of 30 minutes for the whole journey. Am I able to make the connection in 10 minutes in Milan ? Just not sure how reliable train timewise in Italy.

Thank you for any help in advance.

• The thread ‘My understanding on Swiss cross border tickets’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.