Wengen to como

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2012 at 15:11:29 #805361

Flying into zurich and heading straight to Wengen. After a week there hiking and seeing all the sights, I need to get to Como, Italy. Which rail pass is best for me….the Swiss card or the half price pass? and, can I get to Como using the Swiss Pass or the 1/2 Price Pass. Looking at the map shows a yellow line going into Como,,,,,,,so I’m hopeful. Thanks for the advice.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    13 June 2012 at 5:02:00 #836405

Hello Hodpapa, and welcome! I think the Swiss Card is a good option for you. It allows a free trip from Zurich to Wengen, then from Wengen to the Swiss border, and a 50% discount on remaining trips. The Swiss Card is valid up to Chiasso, but from there it’s only a short and inexpensive leg to Como. Details, purchase options and a downloadable map can be found at the Swiss Card page.

By the way, I”ll remove your similar forum post from the Hiking section.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2012 at 9:41:27 #836406

Thanks Annika, AHHH, but I forgot to mention that we will be returning to Zurich at the end of our one month trip. Starting in Switzerland and ending Switzerland. We have two days in Zurich at the end of our month. We will be staying one week in Wengen, one week in Como, 12 days in Paris and then those few days in Zurich. The Swiss Card would end after our departure from Wengen to Como that first week. Perhaps the 1/2 fare card would suit us better since it last a month and we could then use in on our return to Zurich for the two days. Do both the Swiss Card and the 1/2 Fare Card give you 50% discount on the expensive trams and gondolas? After having more information about our trip, which card do you think is better for us? Thanks so much for your help.

Annika
    7124 posts
    13 June 2012 at 9:58:37 #836407

Hi hodpapa. In that case, I think you should consider a Swiss Half Fare Card or a 3 day Swiss (Saver) Flexi Pass, using free travel days for Zurich-Wengen, Wengen-Domodossola on your way to Como, and Swiss border-Zurich on your way from Paris. Please review the pass pages I linked to for more information, including a downloadable validity map. If you have a clear idea of your plans, you can even calculate which pass is most economical.

kim11
    Participant
    605 posts
    13 June 2012 at 10:24:38 #836408

I think the one month half fare card is a better choice. The Flexi Pass is much more expensive yet only affords 50% reduction on trips such as Schilthorn, First, Schynige Platte and only 25% reduction to Kleine Scheidegg and Jungfraujoch. HFC gets you half off of everything.

• The thread ‘Wengen to como’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.