About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Which railpasses cover the Allmendhubel funicular?
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Which railpasses cover the Allmendhubel funicular?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mariat444
Mariat444
4 posts
Nov 30, 2021 - 7:59 PM

Hi, our trip isn’t until June, but I’ve been doing the math to see if I should jump on this 25% off sale on the Swiss Travel Pass. I’m having the hardest time figuring out if the regional passes cover the Allmendhubel funicular. (I think I have the Schhiltorn figured out, but that one is also confusing.) Since much of our trip will be based in Muerren, it may figure into our rail pass decisions.

From what I can tell:

Schilthorn: Half off with Swiss Travel Pass, Swiss Half Fare Card, and Berner Oberland Pass. 25% off with Jungfrau Travel Pass.

Allmendhubel funicular: Half off with Swiss Travel Pass? Half off with Berner Oberland Pass? Half off with Swiss Half Fare Card. For the Jungfrau Travel Pass, one map I see has it as a black line and the other has it as a dotted line. So it’s either fully covered or discounted in some way.

Anyone know the answer?

1960man
1960man
2955 posts
top member
Dec 1, 2021 - 1:03 AM in reply to Mariat444

The Allmendhubel funicular is a short 'local' funicular (so doesn't appear clearly on whole country synoptic pass maps ) but to the best of my knowledge is free with all types of travel pass. Would be half fare with the half fare card.

eg Berner Oberland Pass: www.myswissalps.com/regionalpassberneseoberland/validity

Arno
Arno
14667 posts
expert &
Dec 1, 2021 - 6:24 AM

Hi Mariat444,

It's hard to see on the map (www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/validity) but the Swiss Travel Pass offers a 50% discount on the Allmendhubel ride. This applies to the Swiss Half Fare Card as well (www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard/validity). It's free with the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland. As far as I know, the Jungfrau Travel Pass (www.myswissalps.com/jungfrautravelpass/validity) does not offer a discount.

Regarding Schilthorn: you're correct, although I'm not sure yet if the 25% discount for Jungfrau Travel Pass holders still applies in 2022.

Last modified on Dec 1, 2021 - 6:28 AM by Arno
Mariat444
Mariat444
4 posts
Dec 3, 2021 - 6:21 PM

Thank you, this is very helpful!

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022