How to get there & route details
How to travel to Brissago, and hiking route details.
How to get there and back
Brissago can be reached by bus and by boat. The route starts at the boat terminal and ends at the bus stop. There are parking options near the bus stop as well.
Be sure to look into passes that may come in handy for this day trip and your other activities in Switzerland.
You can find the route on the map on this page. We offer detailed street by street directions as well:
- After getting off the boat, turn right (to the north-east) and walk along the lake.
- The walking path leads to the Via al Lago. Follow this street up to the main road. Cross the main road and follow the Via Costa di Dentro up the hill.
- In the first curve, go left into the hiking path: Sentiero del Mulino. Keep following the footpath through the forestry gorge until you've reached an asphalt road, the Via Sacro Monte.
- Turn right and follow the road to the Madonna del Sacro Monte church. Keep following the Via Sacro Monte, across the bridge and back into the village.
- The roads ends in the curve of another road, the Via Costa di Dentro. Take the footpath down the hill on the right.
- Keep descending on this path, which is a shortcut, crossing the regular road a few times. You'll finally end up on the main road in Brissago again.
- Turn right and follow to road for about 150 m to reach the bus stop.
Download the coordinates here (KML file)