The Eurail Global Pass in short
- Free unlimited traveling across Europe for 15 or 21 days, or 1, 2 or 3 months;
- There is a Flexi Pass as well, for 10 or 15 days within 2 months;
- Most trains are free, some are discounted;
- Selected boats are free;
- Selected cable cars are discounted;
- Most buses are not included;
- City transport is not included;
- Adult passes are only available for 1st class traveling. Youth passes are only available for 2nd class.
The Eurail Global Pass suits your holidays if:
- you have planned a lot of traveling in multiple countries. You'll save money as point to point tickets are more expensive;
- you prefer ticketless traveling. You don't need to buy tickets for each trip;
- your plans are not set in stone or you want to be flexible. The Eurail Global Pass allows spontaneous trips at no extra cost;
- you do not need a lot of Swiss transport services not covered by this pass. If you do, you best look into the rail passes for Switzerland;
- you are not a resident of Europe. The Eurail Global Pass is only available to non-European citizens.
How to choose the best rail pass, where to buy one, about seat reservations and much more.