The Eurail Global Pass in short
- Free unlimited traveling across Europe for 15 or 21 days, or 1, 2 or 3 months;
- There is a Flexi Pass as well, for 10 or 15 days within 2 months, or 5 days within 10 days;
- Most trains are free, some are discounted;
- Selected boats are free;
- Selected cable cars are discounted;
- Most buses are not included;
- City transport is not included;
- Adult passes are only available for 1st class traveling. Youth passes are available for 2nd class too;
- Children up to 11 travel along for free.
The Eurail Global Pass suits your holidays if:
- you have planned a lot of traveling in multiple countries. You'll save money as point to point tickets are more expensive;
- you prefer ticketless traveling. You don't need to buy tickets for each trip;
- your plans are not set in stone or you want to be flexible. The Eurail Global Pass allows spontaneous trips at no extra cost;
- you do not need a lot of Swiss transport services not covered by this pass. If you do, you best look into the rail passes for Switzerland;
- you are not a resident of Europe, Russia or Turkey. The Eurail Global Pass is only available to non-European citizens.
WHERE IT'S VALID
See where you can travel with the Eurail Global Pass, and which discounts are included.
How to choose the best rail pass, where to buy one, about seat reservations and much more.
Is something not clear yet? Just post your questions to the Swiss rail forum and get a quick answer.