How to reach La Maison du Gruyère
The easiest way to reach the cheese factory is by train, as La Maison du Gruyère is located right next to the railway station of Gruyères.
Regular trains or GoldenPass trains
There are trains to Gruyères from 3 main directions:
- From Montbovon in the south. Montbovon is located along the GoldenPass route. It can be reached from the directions of Montreux and Zweisimmen/Thun/Interlaken. You can travel to Montbovon in regular trains or in GoldenPass trains.
- From Lausanne/Bulle in the south.
- From Bern and Fribourg in the north. There's a direct train from Bern to Broc-Village. You'll have to change once there to get to Broc-Fabrique. From August 2023 there will be direct trains from Bern to Broc-Fabrique.
Please find all connections in the timetable.
The Chocolate Train day trip from Montreux
The Chocolate Train is a day trip from Montreux by train and bus, including visits to the cheese and chocolate factories and to the town Gruyères.
Access the factory by car
The cheese factory can be reached by car too. A parking lot is available.
The museum area of La Maison du Gruyère can be visited all days of the year. Details:
- Opening hours for the museum are from 09:00 until 18:30 (from June to September) or until 17:00 (from October to May).
- You can enter until 30 minutes before closure time.
- On weekdays, there's an entrance break from 12:30 to 13:00.
- The store and restaurant are usually open from 07:30. Closure is at mostly at 19:00 (from June to September) or 18:30 (from October to May).
Find train and bus schedules for your trip. The museum is located next to the railway station ‘Gruyères’. Alternatively, you can search for ‘Pringy, La Maison du Gruyère’.
Plan your trip