Solo traveler 1 week in Switzerland trip report

• wanderdiva
    Participant
    38 posts
    19 September 2018 at 11:59:43 #818435

HI,

I am just back from a week in the beautiful Switzerland. I was quite anxious before the trip as this was my first time travelling alone. There is absolutely no need to fret as everything is precise in Switzerland.

First of all, I would like to thank this website/ forum and all contributors (especially the seniors for all the time they put in to guide the newbies) and a big thanks to Ms. Kim for her elaborate document. Some points (many others have also posted similar updates) :

1. I took a Swiss Half fare card. There were never long lines at the ticket counters and buying tickets for each trip was not a hassle for me. There are machines at all stations, which is quite convenient to buy tickets too.

2. The time to change trains was sometimes as low as 4 mins. However, this time is more than enough to catch the next train (as directions are clearly marked at the stations) with a couple of minutes to spare.

3. The numerous walking/hiking trails are marked perfectly, giving the time to hike plus the level of difficulty (yellow/red etc).

4. Coop supermarket is quite convenient to buy sandwiches or cakes etc. to eat during the walks.

My travel report for the 5 days in Bernese Oberland area (I stayed at Wengen):

1. On day 1, I took the cable car up to Mannlichen and then walked upto Kleine Scheidegg. Went to Harder Kulm post lunch.

2. On day 2, I first went to Schilthorn (as rain was predicted in the afternoon) and then walked from Stechelberg to Lauterbrunnen. It was quite sunny the whole day.

3. I went to Lake Brienz cruise (heavy rain was predicted today). Drizzled a bit in the evening.

4. I did the walk from Lauterbrunnen to Wilderswil. It rained a bit when i started the walk. Did not go to Schynige Platte as it was cloudy.

5. I did the walk from Grustchalp to Murren and went to Allmendhubel later.

I loved all these walks with beautiful scenery around me, with beautiful weather daily. Would definitely plan a visit again soon :-).

Cheers!

• The thread ‘Solo traveler 1 week in Switzerland trip report’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11240 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.