10 nights Switzerland itinerary help – early May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2018 at 9:49:59 #814387

Hi Lucas & rock oyster,

I am travelling Switzerland 1st time with my wife & daughter. My tickets are already booked. Would reach Zurich on 3rd May and return back India on 13th May morning flight.

I have also booked an apartment in Lucerne from 3rd to 7th May. (4 nights). Net destinations still need to plan. Maybe Interlaken, Zermatt and other places of attraction.

Request you to help me with the iteniery. How can I utilise 4 nights in Lucerne with other top attractions.

We would be travelling via pubic transportation ie train, bus etc. May be we can go for 8 or 10 day travel pass.

Also we are looking to stay in apartments with kitchen so that we can cook for ourselves.

please help.

Thanx & regards,

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2018 at 14:58:26 #876468

Hi Rakesh,

We have Lucerne’s top attractions noted on our Lucerne page here, and hotels here. For apartments and chalets look here.

The best rail pass will depend on where you decide to go. If you stay in the Lucerne area only look at the Tell Pass. For a bigger area than just around Luzern (for trips to and around Jungfraujoch as well as some areas around Lucerne) look at the Regional Pass – Bernese Oberland (though it isn’t as good around the Lucerne area as the Tell Pass).

If you want a pass that covers basically all of Switzerland look at the Swiss Travel Pass. Your best bet, especially if you go over to Zermatt etc.
    In order to choose the best pass you need to plan out all your trips and do the math to compare passes and tickets. Our page on how to choose the best rail pass will help.

• The thread ‘10 nights Switzerland itinerary help – early May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11130 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.