Jungfrau + Swiss Travel Pass combo calculations

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 August 2019 at 16:58:27 #823532

Hello again to all. I’m knee deep in my Switzerland Trip planning: 1st half of September extending a couple of days into 3rd week of Sept. MySwissAlps is the best resource. I’m from the USA. I did the math on Jungfrau Travel Pass. It looks like a pretty good deal for my purposes for 3 or 4 days. I will have a 15 day Swiss Travel Pass that covers all my days too including even my Oberland stay of 4 solid days excluding arrival/departure days.

——- 3 or 4 day Jungfrau Travel Pass (reduced due to my STP) CHF 135 or 155 + CHF 61 Jungfraujoch = CHF196 3 days or CHF216 for 4 days. Got this info from Jungfrau.ch brochure prices ( I can go back again and again to First or Mannlichen or Schynige Platte etc) ——

———Compared to buying individual tickets with Swiss Travel Pass only discounts: CHF 236.50:

1. Wengen Jungfrau Wengen CHF 132 ( Originally CHF 176 less 25% STP discount)

2. Wengen-Mannlichen-Wengen CHF 26.50 (Originally CHF 53 less 50% STP discount)

3. Grindelwald-First-Grindelwald CHF 30 (Originally CHF 60 less 50% STP discount)

4. Harder Kulm Funicular CHF 16 (Originally CHF 32 less 50% STP discount)

5. Wilderswil- Schynige Platte- Wilderswil CHF 32 (Originally CHF 64 less 50% STP discount)

If I plan on going back to any of the above that’s additional fare. I did double check these numbers. I do a bit of accounting in my career haha.

From Jungfrau.ch brochure: Wow really pricey without discount. Wengen -Jungfraujoch via Kleine Scheidegg -Wengen CHF 176. I think the passes are money savers.

(Oh no I misposted this in Miscellaneous. Should be in Rail Forum)

• Annika
    7126 posts
    23 August 2019 at 6:21:00 #920755

Hi Zass! Don’t worry, your thread has already been moved to the Rail forum ;-).

Great that you’ve been doing such detailed calculations. The combination of a 15 day Swiss Travel Pass plus a Jungfrau Travel Pass might indeed work for you:

I can’t check all your numbers, but I looked at a few of them and they all seem right. So if you’ve double-checked those prices, I’m pretty sure you’ve found the right combination for your plans!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 August 2019 at 18:10:14 #920756

Hello Annika

Definitely the combo of STP and Jungfrau Pass 3 or 4 days will work for my purposes. And it’s really up to us the travelers to do the math. The only reason for my not buying the 3 or 4 days Jungfrau Pass is if the weather is going to be bad once I get to the BO. So will buy Jungfrau Pass once I get there. Hoping no rain!

Thanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 August 2019 at 22:28:20 #920757

So if I am going to get the Swiss Travel pass for all the railways from Zurich, Wengen, Murren, Zermatt, and back to Zurich, staying 8 days in Murren/Wengen, should I think about the Jungfrau Pass too? Plan on going to all the high peaks if the weather is good. We aren’t going til June next year, but if we are going to be doing all the travel up to peaks is this a good idea?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    24 August 2019 at 22:35:42 #920758

Everyone has a unique itinerary.

Based on your personal itinerary you should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass), download the handy spreadsheet calculator and do the math. The spreadsheet also includes links to the “Where it’s valid” page for all available passes. Be sure to check those pages for each pass you are considering. Study the map AND read all the text on those pages to fully understand what is covered by the respective pass.

According to Zass’ original post the estimated savings amounted to CHF40.50 or CHF20.50 depending on 4 or 3 day JTP.

Sohailghori
    Participant
    29 posts
    25 August 2019 at 2:00:14 #920759

Hi Zass

I am from Canada and planning for July 2020 Swiss tour and I saw your numbers and believe Swiss travel pass is best for tour of 3-4 days.

Please advise,
    For hotel or air bnb

For rail pass
    family of 3 with 2 adult and child 13 will flying from UK to Zurich and then taking train to Lauterbrunnen and then visit to travel from Zurich to Lauterbrunnen, while staying in Lauterbrunnen want to visit The Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe, The Golden Pass, and Schilthorn (Cable car ride) spending approx 3 nights in Lauterbrunnen.

Want to stay one night in Zurich city.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 August 2019 at 10:15:29 #920760

Hello Sohailghori,

I see you’re still in the calculation phase. I’m afraid it’s up to you to do the final maths. You have all the information and links needed in this thread as well as in your prior posts:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/train-from-zurich-to-lauterbrunnen
    http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/travel-from-zurich-to-lauterbrunnen-1

Please try to avoid posting the same question in multiple threads, it makes following discussions fairly hard and does not lead to more accurate response. Thanks you.
    http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/rules

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘Jungfrau + Swiss Travel Pass combo calculations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11120 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.