5 days Wengen, stroller friendly hikes, Sept. 2017

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 January 2018 at 18:51:18 #814105

Me and my wife along with our 3 year old daughter, visited Switzerland in Sep 2017, from Dubai. First of all thanks to “myswissalps”, I planned each and everything based on the information provided on this website. And my wife could not believe; if it’s my first ever visit to this country. My next trip is in April to Austria (hoping to find the similar website to plan trip).

Day 1: arrived from Dubai to Zurich and then moved to Interlaken, via Bern. The staff was so kind, she actually prepared a commercial comparison for me based on my itinerary. I ended up purchasing the Swiss Half Fare Card. The rest of the day, we spend nearby our hotel in Interlaken. I strongly feel I should have stayed either in Wengen or Mürren rather than staying in Interlaken.

Day 2: stroller friendly walk from from Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg. We simply followed the instructions in the below link. And then we head down to Grindelwald from KS and spend some leisure time there.

http://www.myswissalps.com/hi king/maennlichen-kleinescheidegg

Day 3: stroller friendly walk from Grütschalp to Winteregg and then up to Mürren via train, then hike down to Gimmelwald from Mürren and then to Stechelberg via cable car. From Stechelberg to Trummelbach falls by bus and then walk down to Lauterbrunnen valley. It was the most beautiful part of my trip. Mürren, Gimmelwald, Lauterbrunnen valley, Staubbach fall…. everything was simply amazing.

Day 4: day trip to Brienzer Rothorn via steam train and boating on beautiful Lake Brienz. Then moved in opposite direction to Bern for a day trip. We explored the charming city of Bern on foot. From Bern station to the rose garden (almost an hour walk) and then back by bus. The view from the rose garden is beautiful.

Day 5: trip to Mount Titlis and a short trip to picturesque town of Luzern on way back from Mount Titlis. Going up to the mount Titlis from Engelberg is half the fun. Interlaken to Engelberg is a long beautiful train ride, but we never got bored, made many friends on way to points, mostly tourists like us, discussing our plans and itineraries. It’s always a good experience to interact with people of different culture, hence don’t hesitate to take long trips, if you are easy to talk.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 January 2018 at 8:33:46 #874870

Hi lookyass,

Thanks a lot for sharing your trip report. Sounds like you did a variety of things. I’m pleased to hear that the instructions for the Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg on our website were helpful. Enjoy your trip to Austria.

Adelaidean
    Participant
    121 posts
    27 January 2018 at 4:12:35 #874871

Sounds like you had a nice taste of the mountains. I agree that it is fun to chat to other travellers and compare stories and itineraries, I always loved the buzz and excitement on the trains and cablecars. Shared anticipation 😀

Might be worth joining Tripadvisor or Fodors for your next trip to Austria, April is one of those in between season months where good advice can ensure you get the most out of a holiday. There is an expat living in Vienna who actively answers questions, especially for travel with children. A wonderful part of these regions is how family friendly they are, with playgrounds and restaurants just when you need them.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 January 2018 at 16:12:32 #874872

True, meeting those people was important part of my trip (ex-police officer from Manchester, big family from Mumbai, university student group and others).

I am using the said groups; but not as helpful as myswissalps. This group is love.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 February 2018 at 4:51:14 #874873

Hello, family trip sounds attractive like you, but I wonder which types of stroller you took for the travel, my and my husband are planning for a travel with our 2 babies but feeling hard to decide the double stroller, even with many guides of stroller.

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 February 2018 at 9:32:50 #874874

Welcome to MySwissAlps pulquenicku! Where exactly are you planning to go with the stroller?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2018 at 15:34:41 #874875

hi,

I have only 1 child, so I was carrying single stroller.

No experience to go on tour with 2 kids, as of today 🙂

• The thread ‘5 days Wengen, stroller friendly hikes, Sept. 2017’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.