7-Day solo trip to Bern & Lauterbrunnen in August

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2019 at 13:41:26 #822747

Hi everyone! I’m taking a solo trip through Switzerland in late August and while I have a rough itinerary sketched out, I’d love to know if it feels too ambitious. For reference, I’m a 31 year old male coming from New York. My budget is flexible so while I’ll mostly do hostels or airbnb’s, I want to spend my money on activities and nature experiences. I land in Zurich Tues, August 20 10AM and leave Zurich the following Tues, August 27 1PM.

Here’s what I’m thinking:

• Day 1: land in Zurich, train to Lucerne for 1 night (explore Lucerne, including boat tour of the lake)
    • Day 2: train to Bern for 1 night (explore Bern)
    • Day 3: train to Lauterbrunnen for 4 nights
    • Days 3-6: hike (light, not extreme), skydive and/or paraglide and/or hangglide, visit neighboring towns and mountains such as Murren, Gimmelwald, Wengen, Thun, trip to Jungfraujoch
    • Day 6: train to Zurich for 1 night
    • Day 7: fly out of Zurich

Here are my biggest questions:

• For my time in Lauterbrunnen, do you think that all is too ambitious? I believe I’ve seen Jungfraujoch may be an all-day trip, so I want to accomplish as much as possible but be realistic.
    • If it’s not too ambitious, would you recommend I try to do 2 days in Lucerne and 3 in Lauterbrunnen? Or maybe cut out Bern?
    • Is there anything I’m missing that I should absolutely consider?

Would welcome any and all advice. Thanks in advance.

• The thread ‘7-Day solo trip to Bern & Lauterbrunnen in August’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.